PDA

View Full Version : head unit cuts remote power to infinity amp

Hurricane 4x4
05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I have a 96 grand with the infinity sound. I recently (yesterday) installed a new AIWA head unit in place of the stock one, so I can hook my ipod up. I used crutchfield's wiring harness and it all seemed to fit nicely. Only problem that I am having is that when something happens in the vehicle, say turning on the headlights, the head unit will cut the amp remote power just for a second. I have a SUB amp wired to the same remote turn on, and the fluctuation in power is not enough to bother it, it stays running, but the infinity amp will cut off and take a second to restart.

Anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this? Sounds to me like the 12V switched power to the head unit gets cut for just a split second, causing the head unit to cut the remote power on and off quickly. I'm just not sure what I can do about this.

jiddup
05-03-2005, 07:58 PM
does it do it only when you turn lights on or does it do it say when you turn on windshield wipers or the a/c? If its just the lights....I would say maybe your dimmer wire for the head unit is hooked up funky maybe...thus only when turning lights on which is when it would dim the radio causing a small short or something?