PDA

View Full Version : Specific location of the fuel pump relay

Hurricane 4x4
04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
I have a 96 4.0 grand. Lately it has been having a few issues which i attribute to a bad fuel pump or fuel pump relay. My haynes manual tells me nothing other than that the relay is located inside the power distribution center in the engine compartment. I purchased a replacement relay (it was only $9 ) from advance auto, but unfortunately the relay I bought fits none of the already occupied slots in the power distribution center. Can anyone tell me exactly which one it is?

LouisianaZJ
04-21-2005, 08:35 PM
take fuel pump relay out, bring to AZ, cross reference the number on the original part

yes, it is in the PDC

you might have to trim the tab off of the replacement relay

Hurricane 4x4
04-23-2005, 11:16 AM
yes... hmm... the only problem is I do not know which one is the pump relay... read my original post...

Hurricane 4x4
04-23-2005, 11:24 AM
well i'm a dummy, i didnt notice the little diagram on the underside of the power distribution center that tells you which relays do what

Hurricane 4x4
06-08-2005, 06:19 PM
well I still have not fixed this problem. It came back today.. jeep will lose power on occasion when accelerating, or when idling the idle will suddenly drop to almost nothing and the jeep will rumble along for a few seconds. During a prolonged period of extremely low idle, the jeep threw a code 13, no difference in MAP sensor reading from "start" to "run". Does this mean i have a problem with my MAP sensor, or does it just mean that since the motor is almost dead, the MAP sensor is reading like the motor is off.