PDA

View Full Version : Moab 4/15-4/17.

Cody
04-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Here is a write up a I did on another board about my trip this weekend. Not too exciting but if you're bored....

so we'll pick up right after I finish polishing up the turd on friday....

We (brett and I) leave town just in time for rush hour. We finally get to the dubinky road where we had planned on meeting my brother and a good friend that had moved to pheonix. The place we had planned on camping no longer was open for camping, so my brother had found another site further down. I towed my rig about 10 miles down the road, then up htis damn wash and over this damn slickrock. After seeing it in the dark, I don't know how in the hell I got it all the way up there without destroying something or getting stuck...but anyways. We had an awesome camp site and proceeded to get really drunk (my brother and his three friends had bought 17, 18 packs of beer just for the four of them for four days.....). The next morning we head down to meet up with some friends at 12:30. They show up around 2:00 and then all but one of them decide not to do the trail with us anyways. So, we got a late start, but off we go to explore a trail that nobody had done before--Hellroaring Canyon. Really pretty trail but not particularly difficult. Come 5 or 6 pm we were getting pretty worn out of bouncing around and decided to head out--except Brett was way ahead. So I rallied to catch him and finally found him 30 minutes later. He wanted to make it to the end which was "only 1/2 a mile further" The rest of our conversation went something like this.
~Cody: "dude you said it was only 2 miles like 2 hours ago"
~Brett: "well you don't have an OD that works....we've gone 4.5 miles and the book says it's 5 miles long dude"
~Cody: "dude, I'm down to explore but on a day when we have more time. I just want to sit and drink beer and relax"
~Brett: "we'll go back and I'll catch up dude"
~Cody: "dude, what if you get stuck or break something, you can't walk out of here"
~Brett: "it's easy (and it was), I'm not going to break anything or get stuck. I'll catch up dude"
~Cody: "dude, thats not going to work. I'll follow you--you have 5 minutes or .5 miles, whatever happens first...."

So we continue on and about 5 minutes later I come putting around a corner and good ole hippe sandle wearing brett is out taking pictures of his jeep. Conversation as follows....

Cody: "dude, whats up?"
Brett: "I'm stuck dude"
Cody: "you dumb hippie sandle wearing bastard. I told you!"

So he wasn't stuck bad and we got him out. As I turned around and unlocked my hubs I stopped to peak at my ujoints and new bling (pink) axle shafts. I stood up and nailed my head on my front radiator support---knocked me flat on my tookus. I got up and there was blood dripping down my neck. Thats kick ass I think to myself. So, after Brett's expert inspection it's only a small cut and we head back only to find out that Jud has (in the time we've been gone) both stripped the gears of his starter and fixed it by cutting up an empty beer can and using it for a shim.

We head out, go back to camp. Proceed to drink ourselves silly. i fall off a cliff trying to be cool/funny/cool . We get up in the morning and run Rusty Nail. Nothing really that cool happend on Rusty Nail accept Jud got mad at me for making him do tippy **** and not being that compassionate about it.

Cody

Bustin' Loose
04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
What?? No carnage? Cody, I'm soo disappointed in you!!!

Sounds like you had fun none the less.

So, ummm...PINK axle shafts eh? Where can I get me some of those. :cheer:

OverkillZJ
04-19-2005, 03:39 PM
LMAO :partyman: