PDA

View Full Version : Stupid track bar bolt!!!

happy
04-19-2005, 12:01 AM
hey i snapped my axel side track bar bolt and the stupid special nut in stripped...should i just get the same size bolt and a normal nut? doesn't look like it would work since i won't be able to get a wrench in there. i guess i can just grind the mount down? or what?

Swamp boy
04-19-2005, 12:17 AM
I had a grade 8 in mine. you can get a wrench in there...

But you might want to look into making a double sheer mount.. I broke alot of grade 8 bolts before I made mine double sheer .. I beat the crap out of it this weekend and it held up ... I even had my front end off the ground several times flying up some sand dunes..

Anyway. You can get a wrench on it ... :smt003

happy
04-19-2005, 12:49 AM
ok sweet deal...also the mount hole is bigger than the track bar bushing hole...maybe its stretched...i dunno, but it pops back and forth every time i turn and drives me crazy...so when i put the new bolt in there i'm gonna stick a washer in between the bushing and mount then tighten the bolt down to like 100 lbs. that way with the washe in there the rubber bushing want rub inside the mount and limit flex... rubicon says 50 lbs

BigDaveZJ
04-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Which hole is egged out? I'd say your best bet would be to weld a washer with the proper I.D. to the mount.

happy
04-19-2005, 01:18 AM
both of them...and thats a good idea..but how to get the inner one?

Swamp boy
04-19-2005, 08:50 AM
You can also take a nut and weld a piece of round bar to it so that you can hold it... (Weld it good and it will work as well as the flag nut that was there...