PDA

View Full Version : Rear Stearing Hmmmmmm!

cwm
04-16-2005, 12:16 PM
This could be fun!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7968511138&sspa gename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

EBay Item # 7968511138

ATL ZJ
04-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Holy crap! I think you are the first person to ever think of having a vehicle with rear steer. :finga:

It would be fun as hell, but I'm not sure if it has a place on a ZJ or not... More of a buggy deal IMO. But, I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a shot one day on whatever rig I have (maybe the ZJ). :smt003

Kraqa
04-16-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm not an expert in rear stear but i woudl think it woudl eb the same principal as the front end. and those tei rods look ofly small and that ram looks offly big. But i think that price seams very low for what your getting. i guess you get what you pay for. considering you will get a HPD60 front for abotu 1200 aroudn here and you still have to rebuild it.

I think i wousl have more fun buildiogn my own rear stear axle.

OverkillZJ
04-16-2005, 12:37 PM
that price just seems way too good to be true. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

robselina
04-16-2005, 07:19 PM
the only thing that comes to mind to account for the cost is that GM probably used some sort of CV joint instead of a u-jiont given the application, so it's probably not as strong as a typical front, but it still seems like a hell of a deal..

EDIT: yup, just read the description and they have a non-ujoint setup that will give you 10 degrees. He sort of implies that the ram setup is useless and he planned on ditching them for standard offroad gear...I'm thinking he just got a good bulk deal and wants to offload a few....

ggruszynski
04-17-2005, 05:40 PM
That's a buddy of mine's shop and the owner (Bob) always comes across good deals. That price and the product is legit.

Gabe