PDA

View Full Version : dumb ricer wiring question

ATL ZJ
04-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Someone with a wiring schematic or an innate knowledge of wiring and sound systems *cough* Cody *cough*, what wires in the wiring harness for the ZJ front doors are for the speakers? I need to know for my tube doors.. and yes, I believe this will be pretty trick/fly/pimp/neat/insert your synonym here..

BigDaveZJ
04-15-2005, 09:04 PM
No FSM I take it? I've got one at home and could look sometime this weekend. Probably the easiest way would be to yank the door panel, pull the speaker, and see what color wires run to it, then make the appropriate changes to the wiring harness. I've though about putting some speakers in my toob doors as well.

ATL ZJ
04-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Haha...

As I clicked "submit" or whatever it says, I thought about taking off the door panel.. Funny how the simple stuff always slips your mind...

No I never splurged for an FSM. Yes, they're more than useful, but I generally just laugh at what the Haynes says and then take shit apart to see how it works when I have issues..

I got the speakers off ebay for $0.01- they're marine speakers, so water and temp. wont be a problem. Shipping was $10+ though, but I guess that's how they make thewir money. And it should be pretty damn cool.

RenegadeStang
04-24-2005, 01:07 PM
I guess if Jeep stereo wiring is anything like regular aftermarket wiring, the green and green/black wires would be the front speakers. But in all truthfulness, not sure on the factory harness.

SuicideTireZJ
06-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Just say fawk it and rewire the whole thing from the head unit with thicker than the 1 billion gauge tiny sewing thread speaker wire they use to actually get some power to the speakers. I still have the stock wires pushing some pretty snazzy speakers and they don't do shit.

As soon as I get an amp I'm putting in crazy diameter speaker wires. Then, you can put a quick disconnect right there next to the door wiring harness so you can switch quickly between doors and get some decent sound with both sets on.

Not that I'm a ricer. I'm just a teenager and like loud music.

TrojanMan
06-05-2005, 02:58 AM
I don't know how it is for the regular systems - but if you have the infinity gold system, every speaker wire in your jeep is gonna be a different color. I remember getting very confused when I wired my new speakers in my jeep back when I was a bling bling gangsta.

ATL ZJ
06-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm really leaning away from installing the speakers inside the tube doors themselves, since I want them to be strong enough to take hits from rocks if needed.. This is really getting pushed towards the end of my project list, with several major projects ahead of it. Maybe I'll give an update once I get around to it though.

Jim311
06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Now that I shorted out my factory amp, I'm going to pay somebody to rewire mine from the head unit. I don't even want to *think* about finding diagrams for all those damn wires.

AprilzWarrior
06-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Now that I shorted out my factory amp, I'm going to pay somebody to rewire mine from the head unit. I don't even want to *think* about finding diagrams for all those damn wires.

I shorted out my AMP as well... but I let it dry for like 3 days out of the Jeep and its still working !

Give it a shot !

AW

bill~ns
06-10-2005, 12:38 PM
According o my 98 FSM, Premium System...
Left Front Door LG/RD>>DG (+) and LG/BK>>BR/RD (-)
Right Front Door LB/RD>>VT (+) and LB/BK>>DB/RD (-)

First letters are the body side of the connector, the second set of letters are the door side of the connector.

Bill

ATL ZJ
06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks Bill, good info. Not sure if I'll end up putting those speakers in, but thanks anyhow.