PDA

View Full Version : Problem I have been dealing with

Jeepinparrothead
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Alright. I have been trying to figure out this one for awhile.

It started off as a loud buzz everytime that you shut all the doors before you cranked the engine. Now there is no buzz and the overhead lights stay on.

Things I have done.

Tested all of the switches in the doors, all work

Checked switch in the dash, it works.

Looked for the wire that Brent says is in the drivers kick panel for the security so that I can ground it. I just don't have that wire, been looking for like 2 months on and off.

I just don't know what else to do. I have been not driving the jeep at night for awhile now and just disconnecting the neg at nigh so it won't drain. That works until now, I have to start driving it at night. Please help. Someone has had to have this problem before. Also, I am searching for the diagram for the fuse panel, passenger side. I don't have a sticker in mine, so if anyone has one of those handy please post it up. Thanks guys.

Kraqa
04-13-2005, 10:29 PM
off to Repair Shop

OverkillZJ
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
All I can figure is bad relay? Or do we have some kindo f body control module that handles lights?

Kraqa
04-13-2005, 10:43 PM
the day time runnign light module controls all my interior lights, including head lights and door lights. I'v only herd of those catching on fire (i'm on my 3rd) and when they go bad your high beams will stay on. i could probably tell you mor ein detail AFTER i rewire my jeep but that wont be for a month or so. and THAT doesn't help you much.

Jeepinparrothead
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Sorry about placing in the wrong place. Now I don't have daytime running lights. Have any idea what runs the interior lights when you don't have DTRL? If someone knows what fuse it is that will work for now until I can figure it out. Thanks yall.

Vonzipper
04-13-2005, 11:56 PM
do you have e-mail? or a fax, I'll send you a electrical diag of the doorlock/overhead light area

Scott

Jeepinparrothead
04-14-2005, 08:40 AM
yeah Scott its ChrisDepew@knology.net I appreciate it. Maybe that will show me everything that makes them work. Thanks a lot.