PDA

View Full Version : 5 on 4.5 Warn hub conversion

OverkillZJ
04-13-2005, 03:55 PM
No, I'm not willing to discuss "why" just know that I'm polishing a turd and that decisions been made. Only question is does anyone have any reputable online stores I could buy it from for a reasonable price?

Inner warn shafts too...

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-13-2005, 04:28 PM
No, I'm not willing to discuss "why" just know that I'm polishing a turd and that decisions been made. Only question is does anyone have any reputable online stores I could buy it from for a reasonable price?

Inner warn shafts too...

polishing a turd? i thought u have d44 in the front.

OverkillZJ
04-13-2005, 04:31 PM

Inner warn shafts too...

polishing a turd? i thought u have d44 in the front.

Nope, 44's out back. HP30 front. With how much street driving I do, lightweight axles are very important to me. Besides, the ONLY THING I've busted on a d30 axle is the ujoints, The joints themselves never broke, but rather the non chromo stock ears would stretch and the caps would work their way out, causing a pin of the cross to break and BOOM there goes another axle.

The gears I blew up this summer happened for the following reasons: They were never set up properly in the first place (rode way on the inside of the teeth) and when the bearings were shot, I made the mistake of resetting those used gears. Never again.

I feel that with my new Yukon gears PROPERLY INSTALLED, Warn conversion, and possibly even some CTM's, I'll be good to go with my lil' 35" MTR's for the type of wheeling I do. I personaly think that puts my weak point at the hubs which is cheaper than replacing chromo shafts and CTM's. If the ring gear blows, it blows. Yukon: lifetime warranty.

Cue-Ball
04-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Matt,

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing for much the same reasons as you. I am not planning on this anytime soon though.

OverkillZJ
04-14-2005, 11:46 AM
What, no one wants to send me a free kit as a mallcrawlin demo? :butthead:

Kraqa
04-14-2005, 12:37 PM
One free kit comming right up.