PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!!!

Kraqa
04-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok,

This should probably go in the GSW forum, BUTTT due to the lack of frequent trafic there i'm posting it in here.

I am flying into Denver, CO and gettng a ride with Matt to the Moab for GSW the problem is that i have no ride home.

I have not booked my flight yet but i will need to do so very soon to ensure a good rate.

What i am asking from you guys is ANYONE who is not a psycho or a rappist or a blood thursty animal. that is gona be at GSW and would like to help out a fellow ZJer find his way back the the Denver airport. Please let me know.

i dont' mind workign around your schedual. but at this point i have a forsure way the GSW and no ride back.

Thnks :weedman:

Cody
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
how bout you finish your shit up, tow it to GSW, and stop bitchin ?

I'm not even mechanically inclined (ask anyone) and I could build a fuckin rocket ship that runs of empty beer cans and potato skins between now and June.

Cody

Kraqa
04-07-2005, 08:51 PM
because i plan on doing alot more and i don't have the time to rush it right now. between working 12 hour days, the GF, and the rest of my life i don't have ALOT of time to work on this. usually 2-3 hours in the week and 4-5 hours on the weekend. I still have to build the cage, rebuild the motor. rebuild the tranny, find and rebuild a D300, sort out the electrical to the bare minimun that ir required to run that thing. and oh wait.....BUY a trailer.

flying is gonna cost me 250 return and i would spen double that in gass just to get there if i drove. i want to come and check it out. but bringing the jeep is just not in the cards. IF for some fluke i get fired and spand all y time and money on the jeep and it gets done i will be the first person in line at the budget rent-a car to rent a trailer and tow it down. but its not going to hapen.

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm not even mechanically inclined (ask anyone) and I could build a fuckin rocket ship that runs of empty beer cans and potato skins between now and June.

SIG! :weedman:

ROKN ZJ
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Why not fly into somewhere besides colorado, like somewhere where you can get rides to and from?

Cody
04-08-2005, 01:20 PM
you know, moab and grand junction have airports.

Also, worst case scenerio, there is a shuttle that runs back and forth from Salt Lake it it's like 50 bucks or something. I'd offer a ride back to SLC, but I will likely be all filled up in the dodge as it is.

Cody

nmzj
04-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Half of the people coming are from CO. It shouldn't be a problem getting a ride back to Denver.

Jason

Kraqa
04-08-2005, 02:35 PM
cause i'm meeting up with Matt and Dave (i think) in Co

Pearce
04-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I did this last year. Of course I was coming from Atlanta. But the best place to go was Denver. And there are a ton of guys that come from that area. I even tried to get a flight from Denver or SLC to Moab but the shuttle flights were not a very good schedule and I could have rented a car and got there for about the same money and about the same time. Everything just turned out to be a wash except getting a ride from someone from Denver. I ended up getting picked up by tenmile, but there were a bunch of other guys willing to help out.

Funny story about that. When I got to tenmiles place, the next morning we were getting ready to head out. I was making the pancakes in the kitchen and in walks in a good buddy of mine from South Florida when I was in high school and college. I've never talked to this guy in over 7 years and had no idea where he had gone. But there he was standing in the kitchen too. You never know who you'll run into taking a trip and meeting up with people you've never actually met before except the internet! :partyman:

JOE
04-08-2005, 08:27 PM
I did this last year. Of course I was coming from Atlanta. But the best place to go was Denver. And there are a ton of guys that come from that area. I even tried to get a flight from Denver or SLC to Moab but the shuttle flights were not a very good schedule and I could have rented a car and got there for about the same money and about the same time. Everything just turned out to be a wash except getting a ride from someone from Denver. I ended up getting picked up by tenmile, but there were a bunch of other guys willing to help out.

Funny story about that. When I got to tenmiles place, the next morning we were getting ready to head out. I was making the pancakes in the kitchen and in walks in a good buddy of mine from South Florida when I was in high school and college. I've never talked to this guy in over 7 years and had no idea where he had gone. But there he was standing in the kitchen too. You never know who you'll run into taking a trip and meeting up with people you've never actually met before except the internet! :partyman:

That is CRAZY, i mean, what are the odds? :weedman:

Kraqa
04-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok well i'm booking the flight for my return on the 13th and i'm gonna take the latest flight out, 930.

so if no one wants to help out then its time for some trains planes and automobiles. :toimonst:

Bustin' Loose
04-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Kraga, I'm sure there will be someone coming back this way that you can hitch a ride with. There are quite a few people heading out from this direction. If not, we'll strap you to the back of Dave's ZJ. :smt003

And since Matt is staying with Dave and I before he heads out with us to Moab, I'm pretty sure that means you'll be staying here too :smt023

KsZJ
04-10-2005, 07:38 AM
I should be coming back through on Monday...

-J

Kraqa
04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Sweet. So i know i'm not going to be stranded. can't wait to get to moab.

Mtn WJ
04-13-2005, 01:22 AM
I will be going back to Denver on Sunday afternoon. If you run out of options by then let me know and we can drive you back Sunday. You can then get a room near DIA or fly stand by.

I will warn you that I will be with my 3 kids so it might be interesting for you.
You can watch movies and sing songs with them.

My kids are not exactly the meek quiet types.

Seriously if you are in a jam let me know.

Keith S

Krash80
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
is ANYONE who is not a psycho or a rappist or a blood thursty animal. that is gona be at GSW and would like to help out a fellow ZJer find his way back the the Denver airport. Please let me know.

What do you have against rappists? they're just black dude's trying to make a living bustin' rhymes man...you don't have to be afraid of them.

Pam....so does that mean i'm staying at your house too? :weedman: :weedman: :weedman: should be a good time. :rock:

Kraqa
04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
if i remeber correctly. Pam don\y you live with Dave and if me and matt and ron are stayign there...................soemone gettin drunk.

Krash80
04-18-2005, 11:02 PM
i'm sure i'll be tanked cause at that elevation it'll take me like a half beer to be gone.

and i call the spare bedroom!!! ha ha ha..you silly sallys can play swords w/ each other on the couches or on the family room floor. :butthead:

i'm a prissy bitch....i ain't sleepin on the floor.

wait...i've got a plan. we'll sit around doing vodka shots, but i'll drink water while dave downs vodka, then when he passes out and collapses on the kitchen floor, i'll go upstairs and sleep w/ Pam and snuggle up w/ her nice cozy pillows. ahhh...that sounds better. :partyman:

Bustin' Loose
04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
:smt046

Ron, I wouldn't want to be you in that situation when Dave wakes up, hung over and pissed off that YOU are in OUR bed with ME and my cozy pillows :smt015 . :axe:

Yes, Kraqa, Dave and I live together. We have TWO spare bedrooms. Ron, the second spare bedroom will have a bed by saturday. So that makes two beds a sofa, the basement with the cat and a whole lot of floor space. Oh and I think I can snag an air mattress too...

Someone is getting drunk????? I'm thinking the whole damn house will be drunk. :partyman: :drinkers: :toimonst:

2.5 bathrooms by the way. One is a private bath off the master bed so you guys can fight over the other two.

So at Hotel Mallcrawlin we have

Matt
Kraqa
Ron??? You are confirmed for GSW are you really gonna make it?
Puma (rumor has it) And I promise Puma, I don't bite and I won't bitch slap you. Least not very hard :smt003

Make you reservations now, it's getting crowded round here.

Kraqa
04-19-2005, 12:22 AM
sweet. shotty anything but the basment with the cat and mould.

Bustin' Loose
04-19-2005, 12:24 AM
sweet. shotty anything but the basment with the cat and mould.

umm...Dave insists you keep my cat company. But on the plus side, no mould here in Colorado. To damn dry.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-19-2005, 12:28 AM
booked my flight earlier today. :mrgreen: I'll sleep with your "cat", Pam. :finga: :finga: :finga: :finga:

Bustin' Loose
04-19-2005, 12:35 AM
booked my flight earlier today. :mrgreen: I'll sleep with your "cat", Pam. :finga: :finga: :finga: :finga:

I'm not sure you'll like my cat Puma. For starters, it's an "older" cat and we know how you feel bout "older" cats. :smt018 And besides, it's shaved. . . not very soft as far as cats go. :smt016

By the way, Matt has called Dibs on the spare bed. Futon and sofa up for grabs still...speak now

OverkillZJ
04-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Ok, I call dibs on teh spare bed so I'm not sleeping with "pams cat" and also so, well, so dave doesnt fucking kill me!

Anyway, I'm getting Kraqa and Puma at the airport and getting them to Dave and Pams (HOTEL MALLCRAWLIN!) :weedman:

I can get both of you to Moab (only one front seat though) and I think Kraqa called dibs on front. Mark might have an open passenger seat in the chevy towing the TJ, but when we get to GSW Mark has dibs on my passenger seat.

BigDaveZJ
04-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Ummm, wow. That is all.

:finga:

OverkillZJ
04-19-2005, 01:04 AM
I have a feeling that whatever happens at hotel mallcrawlin is going to be spoken of as legend for years go come :butthead:

Bustin' Loose
04-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Ummm, wow. That is all.

WTF??? We have guys speaking of using my "pillows" and sleeping with my "cat" and that's all you can say!!!!!! Damn men. I guess this woman's got to take care of herself. :smt003 :yawinkle: Guess I'm not helping matters. :smt084

And Matt, I have a feeling this will definitely be a legendary evening. I think I shall confiscate all cameras as you guys walk in the door.

BMRisko
04-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I call the bed with Ron!

:supz:

Kraqa
04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Fa Fa Fa Fuuuuuton!!!!!!!

i'l takew the cat.

Sandy R
04-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Thread reminds me of Sin City. What happens at Dave & Pam's...stays at Dave & Pam's? We'll see. Ahh shit! I wish I was gonna be 30 this year instead of 50, in which case I might drive the extra miles and sleep with the freakin cat to be at this party! :partyman: :smt003 I don't know where you're planning on going the next day but the smart money says "you'll be late."

OverkillZJ
04-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Go to Dave and Pams anyway :partyman: :weedman: :drinkers:

Bustin' Loose
04-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Come on over anyway. There's no age requirement.

And for some reason, I think there will be stories to tell. . . Just no pictures. :smt003 :partyman: :drinkers:

Sandy R
04-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Save some partying for Moab and I'll catch up with you then. Actually, now that I think about it, I have 20+ more years of partying than you guys when I think about all the "shit" I did in the 70s, 80s & 90s. Like I said, save a little partying for late night in Moab -- like I really had to tell ya that, huh? :smt003

Kraqa
04-19-2005, 11:31 PM
"Save"....wow you must be old. when your my age you dont' save anything. you party your face off and then no matter how shitty you feel the next day you do it again. Maybe its a canadian thing....JJ

i can't freeeking wait.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I cant post in this section right now, I don't wanna be held liable for any illegalities. :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :mrgreen:

Bustin' Loose
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking the next morning is gonna require a LOT of Red Bull and Gaterade.

But we have to be leaving the house by noon and that's pushing it. More like 10-11am I'm thinking.

But don't worry Sandy. I know at least Dave and I will have plenty of steam left to party while in Moab as well.

The entire weekend is gonna be the shiznit. I so cannot wait!

Kraqa
04-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Booked the ticket today.

its official. i'm comming. I will arive in denver at 7:00 and i leave at 9 PM on the 13th.

put on your big boy pants were goingi out drinking.

BigDaveZJ
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
put on your big boy pants were goingi out drinking.

Actually, the rest of us can go out drinking, you gotta stay at home and play with the cat until you're old enough to go out drinking with the adults. :finga:

Kraqa
04-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Face ID beatch.

OverkillZJ
04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Puma's a youngin' too, LMAO

Bustin' Loose
04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Hmmm...exactly how old are you boys???? Come on give it up. I need to know what I'm dealing with here. :smt003

Kraqa
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
ui'm 17

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-20-2005, 05:11 PM
i'll be 20 on june 7th

Kraqa
04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
ui'm 17

JOKING...i'm actually 20. with a fak ID that sas i'm 24

BigDaveZJ
04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
ui'm 17

Well you sure won't be playing with Pam's cat then, that's statutory rape in CO!! Plus, well, I'd kick your ass. LOL

Bustin' Loose
04-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Okay..you are all wet behind the ears! Holy hell. Dave's the oldest out of the lot of you???

Wait till I tell my friends. . .

Cody
04-21-2005, 01:48 AM
But don't worry Sandy. I know at least Dave and I will have plenty of steam left to party while in Moab as well.

Well, lets see. I had 3 beers in the parking lot waiting for you to get off HR, then i had 4 large steins at the brewery, then I drank at least 6 of your tastey McStiffs. So that put me quite a few ahead of you two, and when we were just getting started---you went to bed. Then you couldn't get up in time to run a trail the next day !!!!

I hope you're saving up some steam cause that was some weak stuff :D :D :D ;) At any rate, I owe you some beers this trip. I'm not usually a mooch.

Man, last year I put a hurtin on that Fat Tire keg and the tequila, and then it put a hurtin on me. I thought I was going to die the next day on Moab Rim. Probably shouldn't get that loaded the night before I'm supposed to get up and lead total strangers on a trail that could kill them.

Gettin fired up. I may take a couple weeks off from Moab to get some minor maintenance stuff done on the jeep. I may only get 1 more trip in before GSW :(

Cody

Bustin' Loose
04-21-2005, 10:59 AM

Well, lets see. I had 3 beers in the parking lot waiting for you to get off HR, then i had 4 large steins at the brewery, then I drank at least 6 of your tastey McStiffs. So that put me quite a few ahead of you two, and when we were just getting started---you went to bed. Then you couldn't get up in time to run a trail the next day !!!!

I hope you're saving up some steam cause that was some weak stuff :D :D :D ;) At any rate, I owe you some beers this trip. I'm not usually a mooch.

Man, last year I put a hurtin on that Fat Tire keg and the tequila, and then it put a hurtin on me. I thought I was going to die the next day on Moab Rim. Probably shouldn't get that loaded the night before I'm supposed to get up and lead total strangers on a trail that could kill them.

Gettin fired up. I may take a couple weeks off from Moab to get some minor maintenance stuff done on the jeep. I may only get 1 more trip in before GSW :(

Cody

:finga: We did have our "grove" on that night. And it was getting far to cold for my liking. I lack insulation so I find I get much colder much faster than I use to. However, that won't be an issue in June. Trust me, when we WANT to drink, we can. :o) Dave more so than me cuz, well...you've seen him and me. :partyman:

I'm just really really happy that both of us aren't leaving till Monday and we both have Tuesday off. Cuz after this Trip, I think we really are gonna need it.

ANd you are complaining to the wrong people Cody. Only one more trip to Moab before GSW??? damn...life is hard. You've been there what 3 times already, maybe 4? So by the time GSW get's here it'll be 5 or 6?! :smt022 Wah! I'll be my SECOND TIME EVER!!!

Damn I can't fucking wait!

OverkillZJ
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
I think that that bbq area at the hotel is going to be a party zone. I know I'll be grilling dinner there nightly to keep trip costs down :weedman:

Cody
04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
ANd you are complaining to the wrong people Cody. Only one more trip to Moab before GSW??? damn...life is hard. You've been there what 3 times already, maybe 4? So by the time GSW get's here it'll be 5 or 6?! :smt022 Wah! I'll be my SECOND TIME EVER!!!

Damn I can't fucking wait!

Ya, I know I"m laggin a little this year. It'll probably only be 5 times by then, but I do plan on hititng some local stuff a couple times between now and then. I didn't build it to let it collect dust ;)

Cody

JohnBoulderCO
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Sounds like we need a second GSW pre-run.
What weekend works for everyone?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Sounds like we need a second GSW pre-run.
What weekend works for everyone?

June 10th-12th