PDA

View Full Version : Wheelin Vids

bklatt
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey guys... after we finished cleaning up after our party this weekend, Ty and I took our neighbor Crystal out for a little ride in the Jeep. We promised her we’d do it the night before- so we didn’t let the rain stop us.

Nothin to crazy but we thought you guys might get a kick out of these…

Be patient- they’re big files. I hope you guys have high speed internet!

Nordic1
04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I remember the rock from Vid 5 and 7... that cracked me up

BMRisko
04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I hope the field you were doing donuts in is private property. This post has no technical merit so its moved to Trip Reports.

Jim311
04-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I hope the field you were doing donuts in is private property. This post has no technical merit so its moved to Trip Reports.

Yeah, they wouldn't want to damage that scenic landscape next to the garbage pile :flipoff2:

BMRisko
04-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Yeah, they wouldn't want to damage that scenic landscape next to the garbage pile :flipoff2:

You'd be amazed what greenies use to fuel the land closure fire. :finga:

Jim311
04-05-2005, 12:58 PM

You'd be amazed what greenies use to fuel the land closure fire. :finga:

Shit, tell me about it :rolleyes:

Fawkin greenies.

Nordic1
04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
The area is like 5 or 10 miles out of town. PG&E have some eletrical lines going through the place but those are fenced off. Dirk, Ty and myself went through there and I don't recall any no trespassing or private property signs. Where they went in that video is sortof a place near chico to go wheeling. It's not much more than a creek with some small rocks but I'm sure drunk cowboy wannabes/ college kids in pickups would have a blast in there.

BigDaveZJ
04-05-2005, 01:22 PM
The area is like 5 or 10 miles out of town. PG&E have some eletrical lines going through the place but those are fenced off. Dirk, Ty and myself went through there and I don't recall any no trespassing or private property signs. Where they went in that video is sortof a place near chico to go wheeling. It's not much more than a creek with some small rocks but I'm sure drunk cowboy wannabes/ college kids in pickups would have a blast in there.

So basically it's public land then is what you're saying? Or if it's private land you don't have permission from the landowner?

Vids are pulled. Warning #1. I really don't want to pull your guys' vendor status on here, but posting shit like this isn't a good way to keep it.

bklatt
04-05-2005, 04:24 PM
What do you want me to do? Mail you a written legal agreement with the land owner for every picture and video we want to post?!

A. It is county owned land...people shoot, dump garbage, and ride dirt-bikes all the time out there.

B. There are no signs anywhere about trespassing or anything. There are no gates or fences blocking anything off. Tons of trails were already cut out there. It is known as a testing area for every 4x4 shop in town.

C. Its not your responsibility to police us, thats the job of our local sheriff (that is if we were doing anything illegal-which we wern't).

D. Trust me, the greenys are not worried about that area! This is not the city- we are in a rural area- it is not uncommon for people to be screwing around in a county recreation area.

E. Relax... go wheeling, drink beer. We are not trying to desicrate mother earth!

F. Do you need me to repost the videos or will you put them back up for
me?

PS. Next time it might be wise to ask the person that posted the videos about land use issues before taking brash action. We are not trying to step on anyones toes, we are jsut trying to get some good media on the site. Peace.

BigDaveZJ
04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
You weren't on an established route. If you are in an OHV area where travel is allowed wherever the hell you want to go, that's fine, but you obviously are not. And just because other people go out there and do illegal shit doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it too.

And this is my web site, so I can police it however the hell I want to. Your videos will not be posted up on this site. If you repost them, you will lose vendor status and will NOT be welcome on this site.

And the greenies don't have to be worried about that area for it to be used as ammunition against us. You go bashing through a creek, tearing up grass, ruining all sorts of shit, they don't give a damn where it was, it gets used against us. I've stated many times before that I will NOT tolerate any of that type of shit to be posted on my site. You're new, so I'm warning you.

NorthernZJ
04-05-2005, 04:59 PM
For real... everybody should just chill out... I'm not sure if you noticed but I was driving my buggy around town in the rain... lets see... no mud flaps, windshield, registration, muffler + cat (got smashed by rock... haven't built new one yet), side mirrors, rear view mirror, headlights and all with beadlock wheels. FYI, this is rural northern CA, there are people with way more hack job buggys driving around town and 'wheeling. Every cop I've seen just tells me the truck is bad ass and drives off. Not a big deal! Dave, you should come to California and I'll drink you under the table and smoke you stupid! And for the record I'm a very socially aware person, I go to Church on Sundays, spend time working to help the homeless at the Jesus Center two days a week and help out at the local boys and girls club 2 days a week. Both of us are good people who like to party down on the weekend and work hard durring the week. I'm obsessed with quality and I don't build or sell crap. Doing something stupid like screwing up personal property isn't my deal. Next time keep it real and don't front on people you don't even know.

:drinkers: :weedman: :finga: :partyman:

BigDaveZJ
04-05-2005, 05:14 PM
For real... everybody should just chill out... I'm not sure if you noticed but I was driving my buggy around town in the rain... lets see... no mud flaps, windshield, registration, muffler + cat (got smashed by rock... haven't built new one yet), side mirrors, rear view mirror, headlights and all with beadlock wheels. FYI, this is rural northern CA, there are people with way more hack job buggys driving around town and 'wheeling. Every cop I've seen just tells me the truck is bad ass and drives off. Not a big deal!

Driving your junk on the street is NOT what I have an issue with. What I have an issue with is you blatantly tearing up public land and then posting videos of it on MY website where I have specifically stated on many occasions that I do NOT tolerate things like that.

Dave, you should come to California and I'll drink you under the table and smoke you stupid! And for the record I'm a very socially aware person, I go to Church on Sundays, spend time working to help the homeless at the Jesus Center two days a week and help out at the local boys and girls club 2 days a week. Both of us are good people who like to party down on the weekend and work hard durring the week.

WTF does this have to do with anything?

I'm obsessed with quality and I don't build or sell crap. Doing something stupid like screwing up personal property isn't my deal. Next time keep it real and don't front on people you don't even know.

:drinkers: :weedman: :finga: :partyman:

Here's a nugget for you to chew on. If the trails get closed, why would anybody buy your product? To cruise the mall? Shit, the RK kit can do that. Like I have said several times now, posting shit like that is NOT okay to do on this site. You guys are VERY close to getting your vendor status pulled. I like your product, I like your design, but you're honestly pissing me off.

OverkillZJ
04-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I have to agree with Dave on this one; we have a bad reputation as it is. Wheeling on private / closed land is what landed us that reputation as it is, I can't knowingly support such action knowing the long term damage it can do for my favorite hobby.

Find some legal testing grounds or get permission to use the current one, Dave never asked for written proof, just that you don't screw the community over by promoting one of the biggest things that comes back to bite us in the ass.

This has nothing to do with you having vendor status, we'd jump on anyone posting this.

Matt

Jim311
04-05-2005, 11:45 PM
For real... everybody should just chill out... I'm not sure if you noticed but I was driving my buggy around town in the rain... lets see... no mud flaps, windshield, registration, muffler + cat (got smashed by rock... haven't built new one yet), side mirrors, rear view mirror, headlights and all with beadlock wheels. FYI, this is rural northern CA, there are people with way more hack job buggys driving around town and 'wheeling. Every cop I've seen just tells me the truck is bad ass and drives off. Not a big deal! Dave, you should come to California and I'll drink you under the table and smoke you stupid! And for the record I'm a very socially aware person, I go to Church on Sundays, spend time working to help the homeless at the Jesus Center two days a week and help out at the local boys and girls club 2 days a week. Both of us are good people who like to party down on the weekend and work hard durring the week. I'm obsessed with quality and I don't build or sell crap. Doing something stupid like screwing up personal property isn't my deal. Next time keep it real and don't front on people you don't even know.

drinkers: :weedman: :finga: :partyman:

The Jesus Center? I wonder if that's where Goingoffroading gets his sandals?

:smt003

Nordic1
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
:axe:

:smt046 But seriously you guys need to ease up a little bit.

BigDaveZJ
04-06-2005, 01:28 AM
:smt046 But seriously you guys need to ease up a little bit.

Ease up on my sack. This is MY site, I run it how I like it. You want it different? Go back to modding NAGCA.

Bustin' Loose
04-06-2005, 01:38 AM
Get the wax out of your ears asshats. You aren't listening and you are missing the entire point.

You have yet to say it is LEGALLY okay to wheel and tear shit up on the property. It is public land. period. It doesn't matter if everyone else does it. It still AIN'T LEGAL!!!!! I don't care if the locals and/or local authorities don't give a rats ass if you tear the land up to pieces. Let the Tree Huggers get a hold of that video and your local authorities won't be able to say dick about what they use it for. The CAN and WILL use it against 4-wheelers to their advantage. Just one more piece of ammo against us irresponsible 4-wheelers in their eyes.

Bottom line, it's not wanted or tolerated here. Dave & Matt have final say about what they do and don't want here. They don't want that kind of video here. Deal with it or move on.

deadman
04-06-2005, 03:11 AM
But seriously you guys need to ease up a little bit.

No they don't.

What is so hard to understand?
It doesn't matter if everybody else does it, and nobody cares in that area. Somebody somewhere else might care and use it against us.

Just don't post vidz like that...

bklatt
04-06-2005, 03:41 PM
I hear you guys loud and clear... no more vids will be posted. I was unaware of how touchy land use issues can be, as I have never had any bad experiences. I don’t want to give anyone a bad name, including myself. So if I post any more videos, I’ll post a pic or vid of a sign or something that gives us permission. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

BigDaveZJ
04-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I hear you guys loud and clear... no more vids will be posted. I was unaware of how touchy land use issues can be, as I have never had any bad experiences. I don’t want to give anyone a bad name, including myself. So if I post any more videos, I’ll post a pic or vid of a sign or something that gives us permission. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries. And I'm not talking about just the videos, try keeping to truly legal places to wheel even when you don't post the vids on the net. If the footage is of vehicles that are obviously on a trail, it's fine (assuming it's a legal trail) but videos where vehicles are blatantly traveling off trail is what I have a problem with.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get in touch with the Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR) or some of the other local trail preservation organizations. Showing you're concerned about the trails is a good business move too. Honestly, MANY people just don't know that they're not supposed to do that kind of stuff. Someone somewhere has to say something to them to figure it out. I am involved in a volunteer trail patrol program here in CO where we go run trails and talk to anybody we can to inform them of the Tread Lightly principles and any ongoing land use issues that we may have in our area and try to solicit help.

If we all just sit around and let shit happen, all of the money we've dumped into our rigs will be a complete waste because we won't have anywhere to wheel.

Your apology is certainly accepted and I thank you for it.

MaineZJ
04-07-2005, 07:51 PM
these vids still around?

BMRisko
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
these vids still around?

Not on this site.

BigDaveZJ
04-07-2005, 08:02 PM
these vids still around?

After all that you had to ask?? :butthead: :finga:

MaineZJ
04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Didn't catch the thread when it started, didn't read all the replies

just want to watch the vids

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Didn't catch the thread when it started, didn't read all the replies

just want to watch the vids

...Then ask the vendors for the links.. we don't want it posted here...

Kraqa
04-07-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't see why you guys are so dense. Weather or not it is a rural area and the cops don’t' care. That doesn’t' make it OK to do in the eye's of Greenies. Believe it or not they search places like Pirate/ MC/ Nagce....ect for material like that and can use it against us. Keep in mind THIS IS THE INTERNET. Anyone can view this shit. This isn't you sharing homegrown dope with you neighbors. I know this post is a bit late but I would still like to voice my opinion. If I were Dave I would have pulled you vendor status after your second belligerent post.

go smoke a joint and think about it.