PDA

View Full Version : 115k i6 f-ked

Michael
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
my i6 has been converted into a gas saving 4 cyl model. so next week i'm taking the head down to the machine shop to get some work done. would it be worth it to up the compression a little, or do anything else while i'm in there? i do not have the time to take the engine out, so just doing the head for now as the valves are burnt, and sticking and runnin on 4.5 cyl right now.

i understand that the header on the i6 cracks a lot of the time by now, what should i do if mine is cracked?

aswell, in my ongoing d35 scandel.... was going to either put a super 35 kit in, or replace the carrier and left axle as they are both fucked up. redid the r&p about 6 months ago, and had a mass of shavings in the box, so redid it all except carrier and axles, and now notice spider gears can wobble in carrier possibly causing my 50-80mph whine. i don't really have the space to build an 8.8 right now. is there a cost effective drop in solution besides dynatrac that takes for ever and is expensive as hell? i've heard of bad experiences with curry axles before, so i don't know what to do. i only have 31's, and my car will prob stop running before i can put anything bigger on, so what should i do in this situation?

Cue-Ball
04-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Wow, sounds like you have a bunch of problems right now.

I have not ever heard anything bad about Currie other than price. Same with Dynatrac.

If you look around the boards you can find an 8.8 that is already ready to bolt in perhaps, that is how I found mine (of course it is still sitting along the side of my garage waiting to go in, but that is a whole other story).

You can probably find a D35 from someone who already installed an 8.8 or something also.

Just look around a little

TrojanMan
04-05-2005, 01:03 AM
do a port & polish, also replace the valve stem seals at the very least. www.jeepconnection.com has the valve stem seals cheap as crap.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-05-2005, 01:41 AM
sell the damn thing, its obviously falling apart

beereyez
04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
My engine did that at like 102k. Tranny was slipping too so I got a 5.9/46re

Michael
04-10-2005, 09:28 PM
how much did that cost?