PDA

View Full Version : Brake Question

notsofun
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Lately, when I have had to slam on the brake I get like a pop feeeling/noise coming from the brake system any ideas?

Also more questions in terms of steering (Asked one about balljoints a few weeks ago) what would cause the Jeep to feel like it was sliding to one side or another when going over bumps, it doens't happen all the time but defenitly noticeable? Should I look into new tie rods?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Regarding the brakes, have you given them a general inspection? As in checked for cracked/warped rotors, faulty calipers, etc. You could try bleeding your lines, there could be air in them. I've had problems tracing stuff down that is brake related because there are so many parts, but just check everything and replace stuff starting with the cheapest part.

As for the steering/swaying... i have no idea what you are trying to explain.

notsofun
03-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah I replaced everythign with Stillen stuff about a month ago, bled the lines, cleaned up the calipers, and used lube on everythin that was needed.

In terms of the steering its just starting to feel really sloppy I guess, even after replacing the stabilizer a few days ago. I would assume tie rods would cause this?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
TRE's might be worth replacing. Might also wanna check your trackbar, control arm bushings. Is your WJ lifted at all?

notsofun
03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Not lifted, but I guess after 6 years things will start to wear.

superfred
04-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Not sure if this would help but when I had a bad cluncking noise on my left front wheel I had to replace the steering nuckle. The brake pads wore a 1/4 inch groove in them.