PDA

View Full Version : Need Dana 30 upper control arm axle bushing

Nordic1
03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Yea its noob week for me. Does anybody make some good bushings outside of the rubber "OEM" replacement? I know Currie makes something trick but I kinda wanted to stay with a soft bushing.

OverkillZJ
03-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Go with the currie JJ's or get the damn OEM ones.

nathaniel
03-29-2005, 11:11 PM
The only other option is to use the poly ones from daystar. If you do that you have to buy the entire control arm set ~$55. You could use them and cut them in half so that both sides would be flanged and add a washer or plate somehow to the old bushing sleeve to make them work better.

Or you could of left the truss in there.

OverkillZJ
03-29-2005, 11:24 PM
The only other option is to use the poly ones from daystar. If you do that you have to buy the entire control arm set ~$55. You could use them and cut them in half so that both sides would be flanged and add a washer or plate somehow to the old bushing sleeve to make them work better.

Or you could of left the truss in there.

I did it. I got rid of them, they don't rebound and stretch. Theyr'e crap in our LA applications. Stock seems to be doing much better.

nate
03-30-2005, 02:56 AM
I remember someone posting up a new bushing RE had made that bascially removed the 3 little "nubs"... kinda the OEM one just better design... though, I can't find that post or any info on those bushings... maybe I'm just imagining them or something.

The OEM ones are like $4 at Napa... what I did is grind the nubs until you can fit the next sized standard bolt. Like the Uppers are 10mm I think? I used a 7/16" I believe.. (It's been a while, so I may be wrong).

JeepinHank
03-30-2005, 10:03 AM
The OEM ones are like $4 at Napa... what I did is grind the nubs until you can fit the next sized standard bolt. Like the Uppers are 10mm I think? I used a 7/16" I believe.. (It's been a while, so I may be wrong).

7/16" sounds about right. IIRC 13/32" = 9.9 mm and 7/16" is something like 10.3

robselina
03-31-2005, 09:04 PM
anyone know the NAPA part #?

My local guys are pretty smart about most stuff but I stumped them with that bushing last week...

AprilzWarrior
03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
The stealers are only like $9 for those smaller bushings.

AW

nate
04-01-2005, 07:36 AM
$36 ea here from the dealer. Check Napaonline.com for the part #. I think I have some in the garage, but I'm too lazy to walk over there just for that.