PDA

View Full Version : Value Gear R&P

nate
03-27-2005, 06:46 AM
So I ordered Yukon R&Ps for my axles... and Randy's sends me Value Gear for the front.

I call them up and the guy I talk to says they are Yukon's packed in a different box... ah.... ok? That doesn't make much sense.

I called back the next day, talk to a different guy, and he tells me they are different, the reason they sent them was because the Yukon gears are on backorder for a month. So instead of calling or whatever, they assume I want these gears... And then the guy I first talked to lies to me. W T F?

Anyone run them before? I am thinking of sending them back and telling them to ship me Yukons when they come in. I have a feeling "Value Gear" is made in China junk, just like Genuine Gear.

OverkillZJ
03-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Yukon gears are really just various makes of other gears repackaged, but they're usually all good gears... I dunno, some Yukons really COULD be value gear (but I doubt it...)

I'd be pissed too.

I'm mad at Randy's also at the moment; I just received my No-Slip rebuild kit, which is only 2 ounces worth of springs in a small envelope, THEY CHARGED ME $11 FOR SHIPPING A 2 OUNCE ENVELOPE!

Michael
03-27-2005, 03:34 PM
i would send it all back and call west coast if they tried to pull that bs on me.

nate
03-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah I thought Randy's was supposed to be the best company, but I'm not too pleased with them.

I called them to get prices on some gears and they made a quote on the computer. Well for everyday for a good week or two, a guy from Randy's would call me and ask when I wanted to place this order... even after I told them the FIRST time I would call when I wanted to order.

I guess I will just run the gears... if they blow they blow... Randy's has a no questions asked warranty more or less.