PDA

View Full Version : From Green Sticker to Street Registered? Advice Needed!

Raacerx
03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
1980 Yota pickup that has a flatbed and is trimmed aggressively. Plan was to keep it on full width axles. However right now the vehicle is green stickered and Im curious how hard it would be to get it registered for the street (in California no less) . It will pass smog, however, as you can see the tires stick out past the fenders. Mud flaps are easy, but will I need to make some ghetto fender flares for inspection? I know I need to install brake/reverse/turn signal lights in the back. Would it be wiser to throw some stock axles under there to get it registered in the first place, then do the axle swap? I mainly just want to be able to drive to some local wheeling places one in awhile. For long trips I would tow anyways. Not a daily driver. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.fototime.com/{DA0D2053-4010-44EC-AF24-9D983AC036BC}/picture.JPG

norcaljr
03-27-2005, 05:18 AM
As long as you have all the lights and mud flaps/flares you should be good to go.

so when did you pick that up ? got anymore pics ?

nate
03-27-2005, 06:57 AM
What is green stickered? That mean not road legal?

snarfer86
03-27-2005, 10:33 AM
What is green stickered? That mean not road legal?

here in CA they put Green stickers on quads and offroad type stuf so they can still charge us money to own them :toimonst: unless you go to a state park or something there not worth paying for really. I let the one on my quad expire like 5 years ago :weedman:

Jim311
03-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I dunno shit about your laws over there in Commifornia, but that's a bad ass truck.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-28-2005, 12:53 AM
sweet truck i agree, but remind me never to move to CA.

Raacerx
03-28-2005, 11:26 PM
well we may have a lot of hippy jesus sandal wearing pot smokers like Goingoffroading, but we also have a whole lot of something you guys dont have...rocks. Biatch!!!

Anyways, green stickered means offroad only. has to be trailored. I figured I would just need to get the lights and flaps and maybe some makeshift fenders but I dont know how leniant or strict they are about that kind of stuff which is why I asked. I also wanted to show off the new rig.

If anyone is curious, 10/12 bolt for now with the rear welded, front lockrite, DIY beadlocks, 38s, stock tcase, some F150 springs in back and stock rear Yota springs in front with like some YJs to stiffen it up (moves the wheelbase 2" forward), shackle reversal, crossover histeer with 1.5" DOM and a hydro assist ram (already has IFS box), and thats about it. I have confidence I can do everything for under $2500 budget style. Im especially stoked to have a manual tranny (especially a new one), and most specifically, happy to have a rig that I can wail on.

Tow rig to follow, then well see how long I can keep it off of 60s, full hydro, 40"+tires, and coilovers.

Nordic1
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm going to come down there and steal your welder.. :axe:

:smt046

I'm not a hippy, I don't smoke pot but yea I do wear the jesus sandals

BigDaveZJ
03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
here in CA they put Green stickers on quads and offroad type stuf so they can still charge us money to own them :toimonst: unless you go to a state park or something there not worth paying for really. I let the one on my quad expire like 5 years ago :weedman:

We're hoping to get a similar program going here in CO. The program is VERY good as long as the money goes to the right places. One of the BLM offices' budgets for a local trail system was $.01 an acre per year. They need the money to manage the trails. If they don't have the cash, they have no choice but to shut them down.

dasVettemeister
03-30-2005, 12:11 AM
well we may have a lot of hippy jesus sandal wearing pot smokers like Goingoffroading, but we also have a whole lot of something you guys dont have...rocks. Biatch!!!

We have more rocks here in AZ. No fucking hippies, too hot to drive a VW bus. No pinko-commie-liberal tree-huggers. Fewer "Jesus-sandal-wearing-cock-smoking-ass-spread-wide" types. No, the heat hasn't cooked my brain, I was born this way.... mostly. Then select people helped me to become a bitter pissed off sonofabitch.

P.S. - It's a dry heat. :weedman:

BTW - In Cali do they assess a vehicle tax annually like they do in CT???

Raacerx
03-30-2005, 01:28 AM

We have more rocks here in AZ. No fucking hippies, too hot to drive a VW bus. No pinko-commie-liberal tree-huggers. Fewer "Jesus-sandal-wearing-cock-smoking-ass-spread-wide" types. No, the heat hasn't cooked my brain, I was born this way.... mostly. Then select people helped me to become a bitter pissed off sonofabitch.

P.S. - It's a dry heat. :weedman:

BTW - In Cali do they assess a vehicle tax annually like they do in CT???.

Keep it on subject dude...

As far as assessing a vehicle tax annually, I dont know. I paid like $50 a year for the Jeep to be registered or something. Cant even remember.

P.S. - I feel sorry for you. :doublemiddlefingerwithoutsmile:

nate
03-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Rocks suck... oh, did I say that?? Gonna get banned now :smt003

Really though, rocks are ok, but I don't care for them personally.

I like deep woods trails were you drive back on a trail for 2-3 days, WAY back.. camp, have fun, then return home. My idea of fun wheeling. To each there own right?

Anyhow, bring that Toyota to Alaska... it will be pretty much road legal here. Throw some mud flaps on and that's about it.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-30-2005, 04:13 AM
Anyhow, bring that Toyota to Alaska... it will be pretty much road legal here. Throw some mud flaps on and that's about it.

haha bring that mofo down south as is and it will be legal even without mudflaps. There are some insane rigs around here that shouldnt even be street legal but the law can't hold down the majority of the population being rednecks w/ big trucks.

dasVettemeister
03-30-2005, 08:44 PM

haha bring that mofo down south as is and it will be legal even without mudflaps. There are some insane rigs around here that shouldnt even be street legal but the law can't hold down the majority of the population being rednecks w/ big trucks.

Yeah, I remember seeing some CRAZY shit when I lived in Garner for a summer. Of course here in PHX I see some stuff that really isn't even close to street legal. That's an even split between mexi-style and credit-card rigs.