PDA

View Full Version : RE Bushings

nate
03-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Who was it that posted up info on the new RE bushings to replace the factory rubber ones?? They had the right sized hole and all. Just need the part # really. I suppose I will call RE in the morning if no one posts up.

I can't seem to find it on here, and RE doesn't have it listed in their catalog.... Help! :mrgreen:

JeepinHank
03-25-2005, 09:54 AM
They're listed on the RE website, and I thought they were in the last catalog I got from them:

PN RE3701 "Bushing-Lower Large Rubber"
PN RE3782 "Bushing-Upper Small Rubber"

Pretty much XJ bushings (same as ZJ except they don't have that hole in the bushing that supposively improves the ride).

BTW - you can get the stock XJ bushings from most auto parts stores, and I've been told they're a lot cheaper than these. Haven't tried to get them, so I can't tell you for sure.

I got mine through PolyPerformance cause I thought he was going to sell me the sleeves / barrels / endrings with them, but he didn't. That was a pretty costly mistake.

If you end up going this route, talk to JeepinJoe. He can hook you up with the bushings and the sleeves for a good price.

Hank

nate
03-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Nope not those. I can get those ones for around $4 ea at Napa.

The ones I was looking for are/were new bushings RE came out with that improved on the design of those. You know how it's a half-assed rolled piece of steel with little nubs on the stock one? Well the RE one was designed better, so the bolt fits tighter. It seems that it doesn't exsist anymore though.

nate
03-26-2005, 05:37 AM
BTW, where is JeepinJoe? I PMed him a few days ago for some RE stuff and haven't heard yet.

JeepinHank
03-26-2005, 11:01 AM
BTW, where is JeepinJoe? I PMed him a few days ago for some RE stuff and haven't heard yet.

Haven't seen him on in a while.. Might want to try sending him an email. I think its listed in his post in the vendor section.

Didn't know that RE had a "new & improved" rubber bushing out. I know they also list those daystar (I think, could be wrong though) bushing assemblies with the plastic inner sleeve, but I wasn't too keen on that idea.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-28-2005, 05:01 AM

theres an RE guy on JU that gets stuff for good prices... let me find his username...