PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat important... please read

Nordic1
03-18-2005, 02:33 AM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3825241#post3825241

Linky then Votey

BMRisko
03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
I voted no, because I love backpacking as well and it would just ruin the experience to have a bunch of 4x4s cruising by all the time.

BigDaveZJ
03-18-2005, 11:49 AM
So how come voting on some stupid informal poll is important? Least you coulda done was put this in the right frickin forum!!!

Nordic1
03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
I voted no, because I love backpacking as well and it would just ruin the experience to have a bunch of 4x4s cruising by all the time.

I'll agree with that (I use to backpack alot) but I don't think 4x4s could fit in most of the places I've backpacked.

BMRisko
03-18-2005, 12:42 PM
So how come voting on some stupid informal poll is important? Least you coulda done was put this in the right frickin forum!!!

It was in Chit Chat was it not? Meh, I guess it could fit in land use also, but its not really an official poll. Those Backpacker polls are just for fun anyways...

:partyman:

OverkillZJ
03-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I love backpacking, and I love offroading. At least here in PA, we have plenty of room in the parks for vehicles and people to share. I do not think that vehicles should have free reign, but I think there should be a few trails miles and miles away from any of the commonly used hiking trails.

There's absolutely no reason both parties can't be satisfied, as long as those of us that wheel keep their trash IN THEIR VEHICLES and obey the rules.

As a side note: throwing your things out of vehicles on trails (cigarettes included) is one of the things that has gotten trails closed here in the first place.

BigDaveZJ
03-18-2005, 01:37 PM
As a side note: throwing your things out of vehicles on trails (cigarettes included) is one of the things that has gotten trails closed here in the first place.

And a good way to get your ass kicked if you're on a trail with me. Being a smoker, there's nothing I hate more than seeing cigarette butts all over a trail. Pick them the fuck up!!!! I can do it, you can too!!!!!!

bigrubbers4x4
03-21-2005, 01:01 AM

And a good way to get your ass kicked if you're on a trail with me. Being a smoker, there's nothing I hate more than seeing cigarette butts all over a trail. Pick them the fuck up!!!! I can do it, you can too!!!!!!

i agree, people should pick up butts and any other trash they find on the trails, my club does. we usually come out of the woods with more than we went in with.

as for being a smoker dave, you can do what i did 3 weeks ago...............just quit smoking. i do miss it sometimes though,especially after i eat something.

JeepinHank
03-21-2005, 02:16 PM
as for being a smoker dave, you can do what i did 3 weeks ago...............just quit smoking. i do miss it sometimes though,especially after i eat something.

So does sucking on your own nipple help as a substitute for the oral fixation??? :smt003

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/customavatars/avatar20518_4.gif

J/K

Usually, I'll pick up just about any and every kind of trash on the trail when I'm riding, but I won't pick up someone else's cig butt without breaking out the rubber gloves. I don't want someone elses cooties.

If someone is riding with me, and throws one out, the Jeep is parked until they get out and pick it up. Even if that person happens to be me. I got into the habit of throwing butts out when I smoked cigars. (no tip, no filter, just tobacco - so its not like I was destroying the environment.) Switched back to cigs. and I'd sometimes catch myself. The first couple of times, my friends gave me shit about it, but I take pride in treading lightly. All responsible wheelers should, it rubs off the people who are with you. If it doesn't, they don't need to be wheeling in your group. I've kicked a guy out of my group for throwing out a bottle and refusing to pick it up. We picked up the bottle and let him finish up the trail we were, and then told him to find someone else to wheel with.

As a smoker/former smoker (I'm on and off the wagon), I find that a lot of people automatically assume you're going to litter. I keep up with my butts wherever I go - beach, boating, wheeling, camping. I'm good about everywhere except on the road. Gotta keep those guys in orange jumpsuits busy. :flipoff2: