PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Question

DCHZJ
03-16-2005, 11:15 PM
So i am looking at a new bumper.
I like the ARB, but i am leaning towards the Kennesaw Wincher.
http://www.kenmtn.com/html/wincher.asp
Lots of you have the ARB but can someone who has or had a wincher tell me if this is as good.
I am not sure i need the Grill guard or the headlight guard, I just need a good place to mount a winch.

Kraqa
03-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Due to the lack of "advanced" tech in this thread and that fact that it is a newbie type question i'm moving it to the Newbie forum.

Jim311
03-17-2005, 12:48 AM
I've heard some bad shit about Kennessaw. I went to the site, but I don't see a pic of the bumper?

OverkillZJ
03-17-2005, 01:11 AM
I've heard some bad shit about Kennessaw. I went to the site, but I don't see a pic of the bumper?

Kennessaw is shit. The welds look like they were done by a two year old and the mounting system is CRAP.

I have the rear ZJ bumper and I'll be building my own that doesn't suck when I find the time.

ATL ZJ
03-17-2005, 01:16 AM
There are better choices. Kennesaw is really just a local fab shop with mediocre work that somehow is pretty well-known within the online 4x4 community. I will say that I have several friends with Kennesaw bumpers, and the welds have improved. The problems mostly involve fitment and some were related to faulty hinges, all of which they are happy to correct at no cost should something go wrong. They also prefer to do the install on your vehicle to avoid any possible problems.

DCHZJ
03-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks i will save a little more for the ARB. I would build my own but lacking a welder...kinda puts me out.

DCHZJ
03-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Due to the lack of "advanced" tech in this thread and that fact that it is a newbie type question i'm moving it to the Newbie forum.

Hey Newbie Question? Damn thats harsh. Be nice i am a former BC guy to (moved for work) I drove a nice built Diesel Landcruiser (BJ42) that i sold before i moved (could not bring it through the border anyways). Had a FS Bronco up untill last year when i bought this Grand. Almost bought a Land Rover Discovery (glad i did not). only thing i wish is my grand was a standard (and not the NP249 tc)

OverkillZJ
03-17-2005, 09:53 AM

Hey Newbie Question? Damn thats harsh. Be nice i am a former BC guy to (moved for work) I drove a nice built Diesel Landcruiser (BJ42) that i sold before i moved (could not bring it through the border anyways). Had a FS Bronco up untill last year when i bought this Grand. Almost bought a Land Rover Discovery (glad i did not). only thing i wish is my grand was a standard (and not the NP249 tc)

Just to back up our resident :weedman: member, he moved it to the right forum. Newbie tech really should be the most active forum for this kind of thing, anything that's been asked elevinity billion times on NAGCA and JU. Doesn't mean we don't want you posting it, we just want it asked in the Newbie forum as that's what it's there for.

DCHZJ
03-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey thats cool. I must have missed the Newbie forum when i posted.