PDA

View Full Version : I'm so damn tired of RK's bravado.

Cody
03-06-2005, 04:39 AM
It kills me. These clowns still don't get it.

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?p=205414&posted=1#post205414

Cody

Swamp boy
03-06-2005, 10:53 AM
If he gives me the kit for free.. I will bring it to GSW and beat the holy shit out of it... :smt003 But first I will have to put some chanell on my "frame rail in front and behind that tiny little rear bracket... :yawinkle:

Otherwise I will keep waiting for the Clayton Kit..
Or build my own..(which is much more likely....):smt003

OverkillZJ
03-06-2005, 11:20 AM
LMAO, if they really showed up at GSW, we'd have some fun! :weedman:

Cody
03-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Ya, i'm done with it. I hope they can live up to all the promises they make.

Cody

Kraqa
03-06-2005, 05:06 PM
thats not liek cody to go ona huge rant like that. hmm. well i agree with you fully.

FinlayZJ
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
I think that the clayton kit Is a ok kit. It is a clone on the RE as many are doing now a day.

Yup. clayton is a clone of RE. I would say that the front radius arm design is somewhat of a clone. But there isn't much you can do differently. RK tried, and the axle attachment has been ripped off how many times? Also, how long has Clayon had a 4-link rear? And RE is just getting their 4-Link to market after Clayton has had his RE 4-Link upgrade (for TJ's) on the market for months, if not years.

If it still holds true, Clayton is running Currie JJ's, not some shitty Krawler joint.

:axe:

OverkillZJ
03-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I think that the clayton kit Is a ok kit. It is a clone on the RE as many are doing now a day.

Yup. clayton is a clone of RE. I would say that the front radius arm design is somewhat of a clone. But there isn't much you can do differently. RK tried, and the axle attachment has been ripped off how many times? Also, how long has Clayon had a 4-link rear? And RE is just getting their 4-Link to market after Clayton has had his RE 4-Link upgrade (for TJ's) on the market for months, if not years.

If it still holds true, Clayton is running Currie JJ's, not some shitty Krawler joint.

It's not that Clayton cloned RE, it's that RE and Clayton did something very similar to what home brews have been doing for YEARS. There's only so many "good" ways to build something, and RK hasn't seemed to find one yet :finga:

Claytons offered the 4 link for 2 years now I think, and still uses Currie Johny Joints. Then again he also uses RK components to make complete kits which I don't entirely agree with, but whatever.

Raacerx
03-07-2005, 05:52 PM

It's not that Clayton cloned RE, it's that RE and Clayton did something very similar to what home brews have been doing for YEARS. There's only so many "good" ways to build something, and RK hasn't seemed to find one yet :finga:

Claytons offered the 4 link for 2 years now I think, and still uses Currie Johny Joints. Then again he also uses RK components to make complete kits which I don't entirely agree with, but whatever.

Cant deny their springs are nice and pretty much the only easily available full length spring for ZJs and WJs.

But is that guy talking on RK's behalf like a teenager or kid? Talk about unprofessional...

Jim311
03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, you'd think he wouldn't want to sound so childish when he's representing his/their business. If you can't speak properly what makes anyone believe you can design a fucking longarm kit? My friend has a 2nd gen RK kit and beats the FUCK out of it with no problems, but the rest of his Jeep is falling apart around the suspension :smt003

Krash80
03-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Good God! I just read all that hoopla and I have to say i totally agree with Jim...how the fuck can you build suspension parts if you can't even speak intelligently. It's 5am tuesday morning and i'm drunk/stoned as hell and haven't slept in way too long and i can still form sentences that make WAY more sense than any of the crap that dude wrote. :drinkers: :weedman: <---:Me

The scary part is that there's actually people who don't know any better and will actually buy those kits and use them on the street.

ROKN ZJ
03-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Cody, can I start calling you "Big Money" now also??? :smt117

OverkillZJ
03-09-2005, 12:45 PM

LMAO, I caught that too. Frankly I think Cody's rig is pretty well thought out as far as finances go. He was much smarter than I was in his build, I probably could've come away with a buggy and a truck if I were to plan ahead instead of jumping in to it.

Not big money, big planner :weedman:

phillyzj
03-10-2005, 12:38 AM

I probably could've come away with a buggy and a truck if I were to plan ahead instead of jumping in to it.

tell me about it. I think that's the story of any person new to what they are doing, and anxious to get it done. Also part of the DD thing. If i had known what i know now, i wouldn't have even invested in shortarms.... Live and Learn, that's the name of the game. I hadnt' changed my own oil before i lifted my jeep.

Jim311
03-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking I shoulda gone longarm in the beginning myself, but the upgrade kit is only another 1200. What's another grand or so right? :rolleyes:

At least this way I haven't really lost any money. The RE longarm kit is almost 2700 or so if you buy it all at once, and I bought my ultimate kit from Kevin for like 1300. So I come out 200 bucks ahead anyway somehow.

:mrgreen:

Cody
03-10-2005, 02:25 AM
ya! and I bought a jeep with a roof on it.

WTF was I thinkin'? live and learn.

Cody

Krash80
03-10-2005, 03:07 AM
[
LMAO, I caught that too. Frankly I think Cody's rig is pretty well thought out as far as finances go. He was much smarter than I was in his build, I probably could've come away with a buggy and a truck if I were to plan ahead instead of jumping in to it.

wait a minute...didn't cody's ZJ become a buggy after he rolled it in a parking lot like 2 years ago??? where's the planning in that!? :flipoff2:

or is that someone else i'm thinking of...lol.

oh man... :weedman: is good.

OverkillZJ
03-10-2005, 12:31 PM
[

wait a minute...didn't cody's ZJ become a buggy after he rolled it in a parking lot like 2 years ago??? where's the planning in that!? :flipoff2:

or is that someone else i'm thinking of...lol.

oh man... :weedman: is good.

Curb crawling at it's finest :supz:

ROKN ZJ
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
ya! and I bought a jeep with a roof on it.

WTF was I thinkin'? live and learn.

Cody

I think everyone's made mistakes they regret. Like I always tell people not to buggy out there rigs, but everyone still wants to. Dealing with shortarms is another. I spent a lot of money with adjustable arms, and lengthening arms, and stregthening brackets, long arms is IMO the only way to run tires larger than 32s and more than 4/5" of lift. Especially if it's your DD. Wasn't there a thread like that on JU where everyone listed the mistakes they'd made, the sad thing is people stilllllll make em. live and learn I guess.... Damn i sound old :smt115

Cody
03-10-2005, 06:42 PM
ahh, yes. the parking lot.

I built my rig on a college budget. I'll build a real buggy one day, but my rig does well for what it is. After all, it has strapped all the big names over something on more than one occasion.....

Clayton
Hal
Corey
Kevin
etc.

I just need to get strap brentt over something and I will proclaim myself king of grand cherokees. I proclaim myself that anyways since you pussies type more than you wheel ;)

Cody

Trancezj
03-18-2005, 01:26 PM
bla bla bla RK who gives a fuck. It's fair. I haven't had too many problems with it., but I can honestly say I should have gone with claytons. I def wouldn't reccomend RK for a DD or someone who doesn't have time to work on it. Fuck it. Just buy claytons.

ROKN ZJ
03-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I just need to get strap brentt over something and I will proclaim myself king of grand cherokees. I proclaim myself that anyways since you pussies type more than you wheel ;)

Cody

I've been trying to get people to call me Dr. ZJ for a while now, but it never caught on :(

Cody
03-18-2005, 10:35 PM
I'll call you Dr. ZJ if you swap me the shafts in your 98 for the shafts in my 95 :D :D :D

I'll even come and get them.

Cody