PDA

View Full Version : roof lights wiring

97trxuszj
03-03-2005, 02:51 PM
How did all you guys that have lights on the roof run your wires? I am thinking about drilling a hole and using a grommet, right under the front end cap on the stock roof rack rails. I don't want to just run the down through the drivers door into the door seal. If you have pictures that would be great. :smt003

EDIT: Don't be a dork and do caps lock in your thread titles for something like this

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I notched a small part out of the sheet metal that holds on the weather stripping and ran it behind the stripping and put some RTV around where I cut. It never leaked and still looked pretty stealthy. Sorry no pics but everyone knows roof mounted lights are for posers anyway.

IBFlamedforcontradiction :finga:

bburgi
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't have any pictures right now, but I did just what you're talking about. I removed the forward, driver-side roof rail cap, drilled a hole, ran the wires, then I sealed it with a little bit of calk. Replace the cap and it looks great with no leaks. I'm happy with it.

97trxuszj
03-04-2005, 03:04 PM
ok thanks for the replys I went out and did that today looks great not to noticable, thanks for the input. we'll see if it leaks

bigrubbers4x4
03-05-2005, 02:28 AM
i would have personally drilled the hole on the passenger side just incase it would ever happen to leak that way your not the one who gets wet if it rains.