PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running swamper LTB's

97trxuszj
03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I can get a pretty good deal on these tires over their originlly cheap price, but i am curious if anyone runs these how they do in what conditions, and their road manners thanks

phillyzj
03-03-2005, 12:33 AM
i have a set of the 34's.

they are loud, out of round, out of balance, crappy on the roads, bad in the rain, flat spot, etc etc. they are swampers after all.

if you are truly concerned about road manners i wouldn't run them. If you don't really care too much they are bareable, i've done it for weeks at a time.

Offroad they are great, they are tough as nails, i'm the third owner, there's cuts and slices and gouges out of them but no patches/plugs and none leak air.

i run a 15X7 wheel with 4" bs and they stuff in my fenders almost perfectly. HTH.

Swamp boy
03-03-2005, 03:04 AM
If you are looking for a good all around tire, try Remington Mudd brutes.. The traction is just as good and they dont have any of the problems associated with the LTBs. IE>. They balance nicely and are quiet on the road...

I have been running Mudd Brutes for about 3 years and they are awesome..

Before these I had a set of Swamper TSLs on my Jeep and they where loud and constantly out of balance...

Here is a pic I pulled from the net..

http://www.areawholesale.com/images/tires/MUDBRUTE_AeWYnWQCUL.jpg

I got 4 of these 35X12.5 mounted and balanced for $700 and that is without any kind of deal.. I just walked in and bought tires... :smt003

Afterwards I found out they are on a trade agreement with my company and I could have gotten a deal.. :rolleyes:
But shit like that happens... :smt003