PDA

View Full Version : AMSOIL Products

Cue-Ball
03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
As alot of you might know I am an AMSOIL dealer, I am also one of the GSSW sponsors this year and thought I would post up my card here just incase anyone was thinking of running synthetics.

Thanks.

http://www.fototime.com/{B03D4250-4A4B-4ECD-966E-F35A3C91975A}/picture.JPG

Cue-Ball
04-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey there all,

I just set up a website for my Amsoil business and wanted to get some feedback as to what you all thought.

Check it out here (http://www.lubedealer.com/WerningEnterprises/)

Let me know what you think.

norcaljr
04-29-2005, 10:21 PM
looks good.

Jim311
04-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Can we purchase your fluids online?

That sounds dirty :partyman:

norcaljr
04-29-2005, 10:39 PM

that sounds so wrong... :best:

Cue-Ball
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM

Absolutely, just got to my site and click on the Amsoil store link at the top left corner and away you go.

Cue-Ball
05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Sorry for the slow response, I must not have hit the notify me about replies.

All fixed now, let me know if you need anything or just go to my site and order away.

jeepzj318
05-05-2005, 05:28 PM
site looks good

Cue-Ball
05-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks, it is a branch off from the Amsoil site so I am sort of stuck with their format, but it was quick and easy to put together. Not sure if I will keep it or move to my own site and get Matt to host it for me, we shall see how it goes. First I need to get some more sales to help pay for the stuff I already have going on with it.

nate
05-08-2005, 08:03 AM
The Amsoil grease, Red and Tacky?... what does that stuff go for?

Cue-Ball
05-08-2005, 11:12 AM
The Amsoil grease, Red and Tacky?... what does that stuff go for?

Nate,

Not sure which one you mean exactly but they range from $5-11 per cartridge list price+shipping.

nate
05-10-2005, 10:13 PM
The Amsoil grease that goes in a grease gun.. I think it's called red and tacky or something like that?

Never mind, I was thinking of something else... It's a different brand I was looking for.

Cue-Ball
05-11-2005, 12:08 AM
No problem Nate.

Dirk

TrojanMan
05-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Do I get a cool amsoil sticker with my order? :partyman:

Cue-Ball
05-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Sure just tell me how big you want. I have a 36" one on the back of my Jeep. :mrgreen:

TrojanMan
05-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Sure just tell me how big you want. I have a 36" one on the back of my Jeep. :mrgreen:

Hmm, don't know if I want a 36" one.. that's reserved for carolina rock shop haha.

I could do with something in the 10-12" range.

Cue-Ball
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
No problem, when you place your order just remind me about the sticker and I will include one.

offroadjeepin
05-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Amsoil Stickers are the way to Go!! Site looks great.

Go Big or Go Home

http://image26.webshots.com/26/7/75/13/293377513NjIuNA_ph.jpg

Cue-Ball
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Amsoil Stickers are the way to Go!! Site looks great.

Go Big or Go Home

http://image26.webshots.com/26/7/75/13/293377513NjIuNA_ph.jpg

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Dirk

Cue-Ball
05-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Okay I have gotten some positive feedback from the website. I am now thinking of starting up an independant website (away from the Amsoil site), this way I can get away from the @yahoo.com email address.

So I wanted to get some opinions on some I was thinking about and see if you guys had any other ideas:

lubeguy.com
werningenterprises.com
wernings.com
theoildude.com

I wanted to stay away from my lst name as it is long and I want people to be able to remember it when they see it and not have to write it down. Also want something short to fit better on stickers (since I know you will all want one :supz: )

Let me know what you think.

Dirk

OverkillZJ
05-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I kinda like the last one most :butthead: :mrgreen:

Cue-Ball
05-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks Matt.

Any other opinions??

Cue-Ball
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks Matt any other opinions?

BigDaveZJ
05-23-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm liking theoildude.com too, has a catchy ring to it.

Cue-Ball
05-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks

I know more of you out there have some opinions so let me hear them.

If I went with theoildude, my email would read dirk@theoildude.com

Sounds pretty good actually.

bburgi
05-23-2005, 08:16 PM
dirk@lubemeup.com!

But seriously, I like dirk@theoildude.com too- go for it.

TrojanMan
05-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I like theoildude too, its really close to www.bobistheoilguy.com too :weedman:

Cue-Ball
05-24-2005, 11:25 AM
I like theoildude too, its really close to www.bobistheoilguy.com too :weedman:

Never saw his site before, lots of good info there. Sort of along the same lines as I was thinking of doing.

So anyway looks like theoildude.com has got some possitive feedback so I am leaning towards that.

All I need now is to get some product sold so I can set up the website. I have been buying some sweatshirts and t-shirts for people as advertising and a big banner is on order for AW's shop so that has pretty much eaten away at my "fluff" money for right now.

So who is next to place an order??

Cue-Ball
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Now a proud sponsor of AW's shop.

http://www.fototime.com/{EBFDA968-DA7B-433F-B9D0-DB2292F42391}/picture.JPG

Cue-Ball
09-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I wanted to offer a sale for the month of September in remembrance of 9/11.

For the month of September I would like to extend to all Military and Law Enforcement personnel Amsoil product at my cost + $5 (just to cover any paypal fees).

Please contact me directly to take advantage of this opportunity.

(this is for active or reserve members of the military, and active or former law enforcement, including search $ rescue personnel)

I thank you for being there to do your job.

AprilzWarrior
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I wanted to offer a sale for the month of September in remembrance of 9/11.

For the month of September I would like to extend to all Military and Law Enforcement personnel Amsoil product at my cost + $5 (just to cover any paypal fees).

Please contact me directly to take advantage of this opportunity.

(this is for active or reserve members of the military, and active or former law enforcement, including search $ rescue personnel)

I thank you for being there to do your job.

Thats a short list if its only for "active duty" Vets dont deserve a break too ?

:drinkers:

Cue-Ball
09-06-2005, 09:54 AM
No it is for active, reserve, retired, etc. etc.!!!!!!!!!!!

Cue-Ball
09-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Just to let you all know the other thing that I can get is Bosch wiper blades along with plugs and wires.

I use the wiper blades and LOVE them.

BigDaveZJ
09-15-2005, 07:32 PM

What's the widest Bosch wiper blade I can fit on my ZJ??

:finga:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-15-2005, 08:16 PM
hey i think we all learned alot from that thread

aerodynamic blades yield a 4% increase in HP and 2 better MPG's

Cue-Ball
09-15-2005, 08:34 PM

What's the widest Bosch wiper blade I can fit on my ZJ??

:finga:

That one was a riot.

Cue-Ball
10-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Okay the September sale is over, thanks for the orders. Although the sale is over I am still giving GREAT deals.

So let me know if there is anything you need, don't forget I also have the Bosch wiper blades and with the rain just around the corner might be time to start thinking about that also.

Thanks guys (and gals).

Dirk

N2Deep
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Dirk,
I am ready to switch over to synthetic and did a search on it and Amsoil came up as the best. So I thought I would order some from you since your a fellow Jeeper. Before a little research I didn't know there was a difference in synthetic oil- but now know some are advertised as synthetic but not 100%. And Amsoil came out on top.
Don't know much about oil so have some questions before I order.
What do you recommend for my ZJ -98 5.2 90K and I live in Vegas-Hot Desert Climate.
Also at what intervals do you normally change your oil with synthetic? And what oil filter for the ZJ?
I am due for an oil change now so will be ordering soon and then converting everything else over as needed.

Thanks

Cue-Ball
10-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I use the 5w-30 in my Jeep, it is a fair price and works great. I would recommend changing the filter at 12-15,000 and the oil and filter at 20-25,000.

PM me a shipping address and I can put together a price for you.

Cue-Ball
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Just got my copy of the new catalog and thought I would scan and post this page for you guys.

These prices do not include shipping however, but still reflect a substantial savings over conventional oils.

http://www.fototime.com/{D0957409-1D3C-4551-AFEE-017EE11B8784}/picture.JPG

Cue-Ball
10-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Don't forget I also carry the full line of Bosch premium wiper blades, I use these on my Jeep and they are GREAT!!!

$30 shipped for the fronts and $40 shipped for all 3 blades.

TrojanMan
11-04-2005, 11:05 PM
About how long the oil lasts.. it says 25K or 1 year.. didn't you say you ran it for 25K - in doing so did that take more or less than a year? I know there isn't a little timer that's going to go off haha, but I'm just curious. I'd like to get as much out of this as I can.

Cue-Ball
11-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I will have to check my records at the office as to how long in terms of time that 25,000 miles took me to drive.

I would say for you and your stroker I would do an oil analysis every 4,000 miles and let them tell you when it is time to change it.

When I ran my 25,000 miles I did not do ANY analysis during that time, nor did I change the filter as recommended, I just beat the hell out of it and kept my fingers crossed. Well it worked out for me but with a new stroker I would hate to see something happen to it so it is better to be safe, than have to build another engine. (I was secretly hoping mine would die so I could do a stroker).

When I get to the office on Monday I will see how long it took me in terms of months.

TrojanMan
11-06-2005, 06:36 AM
Who and where do I send oil for the analysis? How much does it cost? How much oil does it require me to lose? I've heard of analysis' before, but never knew anything about them. Maybe I could be one of AMSOIL's test people haha. Sponsorship?:supz:

Cue-Ball
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
The analysis's are about $30 each and I think you only need to send in like 3-4 ounces.

It is not Amsoil that does the studies it is an independent firm that test all brands of oils. The one I use is Blackstone Labs.

bburgi
11-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Man, talk about FAST Shipping!

First, thanks to Dirk for offering up the free givaway. I know this was a contest and I'm not paying for the oil I get, but even then the customer service was above and beyond- 2 day shipping is unreal!

Dirk, you're an awesome businessman. Everyone should buy thier oil from you.

Thanks again-

Cue-Ball
11-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Man, talk about FAST Shipping!

First, thanks to Dirk for offering up the free givaway. I know this was a contest and I'm not paying for the oil I get, but even then the customer service was above and beyond- 2 day shipping is unreal!

Dirk, you're an awesome businessman. Everyone should buy thier oil from you.

Thanks again-

Brain,

Thanks for the kind words, glad the product got there safe.

I just try to treat people the way I want to be treated from people I buy from, just because it was a free giveaway I am not about to treat you any different than if you purchased the product.

Thanks again.

Cue-Ball
11-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Okay, with the holidays I know money is tight for everyone and so I wanted to run a sale from now until the end of the year.

Complete oil change for your Jeep or any other vehicle you have will run just $65 shipped. If interested simply shoot me a paypal payment to amsoildirk@yahoo.com (no I have not yet spent the money for theoildude.com site) I plan to do that by the end of the year though for tax purposes.

So if anyone is interested hit me up, be sure to include in the paypal payment what vehicle the oil is for.

Thanks.

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 02:28 PM
ON OF A BITCH, some guy from So. Ca. registered theoildude.com on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit I just logged on to buy it and it slipped away on Friday Damn it all.

So any other ideas for a domain name???

TrojanMan
11-28-2005, 02:31 PM
dirkistheoiljerk ;)

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Very funny fucker

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM
What do you guys think about other extensions like .net, .biz, etc. etc.

theoildude.net is available??

TrojanMan
11-28-2005, 02:53 PM
The trouble with that is some people are ignorant and are going to forget it's .net.. and go to that other dude's site. I'm sure there's something catchy and neat that we're all forgetting about.

And about dirkistheoiljerk.. you know I :smt049 you:mrgreen:

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 02:55 PM
I know Dave, no worries.

So what do you guys think is a cool catchy domain??

I would prefer a .com but???

ATL ZJ
11-28-2005, 03:06 PM
dot biz doesn't carry the same level of credibility as a dot com does... I'd stick with .com or even .net if you absolutely had to.

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
dot biz doesn't carry the same level of credibility as a dot com does... I'd stick with .com or even .net if you absolutely had to.

I agree,

What do you think of:
thelubeguys.com

I know there is only one of me but what the hell.

TrojanMan
11-28-2005, 03:09 PM

agreed. i'm not buying anything from a site other than .com, .net, .org, or .gov.

OverkillZJ
11-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm a fan of the .com domain, for the same reason mentioned above. It's just what people are used to. If someone else owned "mallcrawlin.com" and we registered / used "mallcrawlin.org" for this site, I bet more often than not, we'd forget and go to the wrong site first. I know I CONSTANTLY go to colorado4x4.com instead of .org - drives me nuts, haha.

The other reason is, I'm a big fan of the original naming convention. .com is a company, .org is an organization. You, my friend, are a company!

so howabout www.mysynthoilisbetterthanyourpisswaterdyno.com (http://www.mysynthoilisbetterthanyourpisswaterdyno.com)?

By the way, I'll be ready to take on customers for web hosting shortly after new years. Vendors and supporting members will probably get significant discounts, and I'll probably raffle off a few hosting accounts too :D

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 03:11 PM
So how about theoildude.net??

Not sure if I just have it stuck in my head or what but I can't really come up with anything this morning, maybe I am still a bit lazy from all the turkey and shit this weekend.

Cue-Ball
11-28-2005, 03:15 PM
so howabout www.mysynthoilisbetterthanyourpisswaterdyno.com (http://www.mysynthoilisbetterthanyourpisswaterdyno.com)?

:eek: I need something that atleast I can remember.

Anything else guys, come on now I know there are alot of brainiacs here, right???

TrojanMan
11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
By the way, I'll be ready to take on customers for web hosting shortly after new years. Vendors and supporting members will probably get significant discounts, and I'll probably raffle off a few hosting accounts too :D

screw that, that's what college is for.. I get 200MB free hosting.

OverkillZJ
11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
screw that, that's what college is for.. I get 200MB free hosting.

And I'm sure that comes with a Plesk control panel, your own domain, and unlimited email addresses, right?

Apples and oranges. Now go make some rap music you wigger.

TrojanMan
11-28-2005, 04:39 PM
And I'm sure that comes with a Plesk control panel, your own domain, and unlimited email addresses, right?

Apples and oranges. Now go make some rap music you wigger.

I said free:weedman:

It's all I need, a place to put my pics and videos that allows me to post on bb's. I use WinSCP to upload.. and I do get a webpage.. but not my own domain name:cheer:

87XJ
11-29-2005, 12:31 PM
AMSOILDIRK

Cue-Ball
11-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Doh, actually had not thought about that one.

Cue-Ball
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
What about these:

theamsoildude.com (I think I like this one the best so far??)
theamsoilguy.net
amsoildude.com
amsoilguy.net

N2Deep
11-29-2005, 04:08 PM
What about www.oildirk.com (http://www.oildirk.com)

I think that is easy to remember -kinda like oil jerk :D

Hey send me a quote for replacing the lube for my rear differential- I have a tracking number so the locker has shipped. -So they say :D
I will be needing some lube for a 231 as soon as I get all my parts together to do my swap - I will let you know.

Cue-Ball
11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
What about www.oildirk.com (http://www.oildirk.com)

I think that is easy to remember -kinda like oil jerk :D

Hey send me a quote for replacing the lube for my rear differential- I have a tracking number so the locker has shipped. -So they say :D
I will be needing some lube for a 231 as soon as I get all my parts together to do my swap - I will let you know.

PM sent.

Cue-Ball
11-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Thanks to all that have ordered this month, it really helped to jumpstart my business that was just sort of a drift.

Keep the orders coming and remember that Amsoil is NOT just for Jeeps, it works great in tow rigs, the family cruiser, motorcycle, snowmobile, etc, etc.

Rubber Chuck
11-30-2005, 10:32 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!!
Excellent service Dirk......Thanks ALOT!!!
You will be hearing more from me

2jeepsforus
11-30-2005, 11:17 PM
thelubeshop.com? some people might get a bit confused though :gay:

oilisgood.com.....
how about

icantfeelmylegs.com I bet no one has that

Dave

TrojanMan
12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
I like theamsoildude.com

I've heard of speedy shipping.. but wow. That was like.... next day:cheer:

Too bad I won't be home to use it until next week :( I only got a call from the parents saying I had a box waiting on me:mrgreen: Can't wait to put it to use and give a product review!

Buy AMSOIL:weedman:

deadman
12-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Isn't there a problem using the name "amsoil" in the domainname?

N2Deep
12-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Hey Dirk,

My last order took way too long to get here -whats the problem :D
I ordered it on Wed about noon and received it Thursday at noon.
Man you rock- that was way quick. Can't ask for much better service.
But I never got that tracking number -hahaha UPS is much faster than you!!

As always great service - and waiting for those stickers!!

Cue-Ball
12-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey Dirk,

My last order took way too long to get here -whats the problem :D
I ordered it on Wed about noon and received it Thursday at noon.
Man you rock- that was way quick. Can't ask for much better service.
But I never got that tracking number -hahaha UPS is much faster than you!!

As always great service - and waiting for those stickers!!

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate that.

I will get some stickers out to you today, honestly I can't remeber if I sent them yet or not so I will send some more today.

Cue-Ball
12-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Okay guys, I wanted to thank you all for the orders last month. Please keep spreading around my name to your friends, this months special is an oil change for $65 shipped.

Want to end the year with another good round of orders.

So let me have 'em.

Dirk

Diehard
12-05-2005, 12:35 PM
What is in the $65.00 oil change? And what is the shipping cost? Thanks.

Cue-Ball
12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
What is in the $65.00 oil change? And what is the shipping cost? Thanks.

Shipping is included.

Comes with 6 qts oil and 1 filter.

Dirk

sorry for the delay in getting back to you for some reason I did not get an email notification.

Cue-Ball
12-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Here is the oil analysis I got when I changed my oil last (at right about 25,000 miles). I am due to take another sample this weekend (this sample will be right about 4,000 miles).

Cue-Ball
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Isn't there a problem using the name "amsoil" in the domainname?

Well it turns out that there is a problem with using Amsoil in the name.

So I have come up with:

www.4x4oil.com (http://www.4x4oil.com)

The site should be up and running now. Thanks to Matt for helping me to set it up and giving me a good deal on the hosting.

Let me know what you all think.

Cue-Ball
12-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Okay guys just a few more days of the year end sale. Hurry up and place your orders.

I also wanted to post up my latest oil report I just got back.

Check it out.

BigDaveZJ
12-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Dirk, I think I speak for most when I say, "WTF does that mean?" in regards to your analysis. Best I can tell your oil last a solid 25,000 miles.

Cue-Ball
12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
It is a bit confusing, but if you see on the far right hand column that is the average, not of mine but of all the oil they test. They test for a ton of stuff and what all the different checmicals are I am not really sure, but they can tell if there is any coolant in the oil (meaning a blown head gasket) and they can tell when there is no more life in the oil.

Basically this test showed that there was still some left over junk from my 25,000 mile change so I am going to change the oil this weekend, use a bottle of engine flush, and then test again in 4,000 miles to see what it looks like.

Does that help to clear it up a little??

DCHZJ
04-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Ok guys, so we are talking fast (got mine the next day) shipping. I changed all my oil to AMS oil after a few things. First off was great customer service from Dirk. Second would be super fast shipping. and third for sure would be the fast that my temp dropped 2-5 degrees once i switch. I have no idea if this was due to the synthetic or what but it i do have lower temps.
Now i am switching my ATF and Transfer case to this.

Cue-Ball
04-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Ok guys, so we are talking fast (got mine the next day) shipping. I changed all my oil to AMS oil after a few things. First off was great customer service from Dirk. Second would be super fast shipping. and third for sure would be the fast that my temp dropped 2-5 degrees once i switch. I have no idea if this was due to the synthetic or what but it i do have lower temps.
Now i am switching my ATF and Transfer case to this.

Thanks alot for the kind words. Glad I could help.

I have to give credit to Amsoil for the fast shipping, they usually get orders shipped the day the order is placed or generally the next day.

Yes lower temps are part of synthetics.

Again glad I could help and thanks for the props.

Dirk

OverkillZJ
04-12-2006, 01:30 AM
You better be running that Amsoil ATF in the tcase since that's all it's ever run :finga:

DCHZJ
04-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Already bought and have it at the house.

Execpt for my Power Steering everything is now synthetic.

Cue-Ball
04-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Already bought and have it at the house.

Execpt for my Power Steering everything is now synthetic.

And I thank you for that.

Although I don't think you are running Amsoil coolant are you?:D

DCHZJ
04-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Damn no did not even know they had any.....hmmm im changing to a 180 degree thermostat again.....Might have to hit you up this week

Cue-Ball
04-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Damn no did not even know they had any.....hmmm im changing to a 180 degree thermostat again.....Might have to hit you up this week

Now that's what I like to hear.

pm'ed you a price already.

Thanks.

violatedppl
04-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I just read the $65 oil change, did get to the 6 qt and filter thing and thought. my dads ford takes 14 qts damn that would be the great price ofr full synth. but to bad for me. mybe when I go with lsd f&r Ill give you a call on some gear oil

Cue-Ball
04-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Yea the $65 change was for Jeeps not 14qt Fords.

But I will work with you and your dad on a great price if your interested.