PDA

View Full Version : 3" springs + BB or 6" springs?

TrojanMan
02-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Here's the scenario. I'm doing a f>r swap on top of my 2.125" BB. I can't decide what to do about the front though. I'll either buy 3" skyjacker coils and stack them on top of my 2.125" BB, or buy 6" skyjacker coils and lose the spacers. I'm sticking with skyjacker because I can get them for 120 a pair. Should I bank on 5" net in the rear or 6"? :( such a tricky decision. In my situation, what would you do?

BigDaveZJ
02-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Pay the extra $$$ for the RE coils, they're worth it.

TrojanMan
02-28-2005, 05:49 PM
all they're showing on their site are 3" and 4.5".. what to do? 6" SJ is starting to sound like the plan.. I could always remove the coil isolator in the front if its too much or add another one in the rear (if there is enough left on the post lol)

Raacerx
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
all they're showing on their site are 3" and 4.5".. what to do? 6" SJ is starting to sound like the plan.. I could always remove the coil isolator in the front if its too much or add another one in the rear (if there is enough left on the post lol)

They dont make the bigger spring specifically for the ZJ. I would highly recommend the Rockrawler springs. Good rates and made for the ZJ. Its one of the few things from them that everyone agrees is good . I definitely would steer clear of the BB. You lose a lot of your spring post so the springs fall off way easier. I wish I had gone RK full length 7" springs instead of RE 4.5"+2" BB.

TrojanMan
03-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I bought RE 4.5" springs, andy at carolina rock shop said it'll end up at about 5", and i'll get a smaller spacer to level it out. Now I need to start looking into longarms :shock: