PDA

View Full Version : Upper and lower proving grounds closed!!!!!!!!!!

Moabrox
02-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey. I just talked with my parents on the phone and it seems that we have lost 2 more great moab trails. Due to a housing development. This is a post that a good friend of mine left on the RME forum.

Just an FYI for anyone planning on running Upper or Lower Proving Grounds, or camping in the adjacent area. My friend just talked to the developer of CloudRock, the resort development that has been in the works for several years now on the mesa top (Johnson's Up-On-Top) above the trails. He apparently has leased the entire SITLA parcel, and is currently in the process of fencing it off. He said it is going to be a "buffer zone" between the existing developed areas and CloudRock. He said there will be a gate on the road to Johnson's, and a guard will be staying there during EJS to keep people out.

Closing off Proving Grounds has been rumored now for at least a couple years, but this is the first time I have ever heard it had anything to do with CloudRock. In fact, the whole CloudRock project has been extremely controversial, and very little has been said about it (publicly, at least) for quite some time. The developer said that construction is scheduled to start on the project within weeks.

Jeff

MaineZJ
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
good thing you read the Land Use section:

http://mallcrawlin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1505

now you have an idea how it is when some bitch buys 10s of thousands of acres in Maine.