PDA

View Full Version : Error msg.

JeepinHank
02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Posted a reply to the All Hail the web Beyotch topic in chit chat, and got this message:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local DEBUG MODELine : 164File : c:\domains\mallcrawlin.com\wwwroot\phpBB\includes\ smtp.php

post went through, just figured I'd post it up...

OverkillZJ
02-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Email notifications are down, and you'll continue to receive errors until I fix it. I have a paying job to do real quickly then lunch, then I'll get back to fixing this crap...

JeepinHank
02-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Email notifications are down, and you'll continue to receive errors until I fix it. I have a paying job to do real quickly then lunch, then I'll get back to fixing this crap...

Saw that right after I put up this post. :oops:

Bustin' Loose
02-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Okay, so why do I get the same message if I don't have email notification on?

OverkillZJ
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Because the board is sending email to those that do.

Bustin' Loose
02-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Ahhh....makes sense.

OverkillZJ
02-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Ok everyone,

Email Notifications should be working now, and you should no longer get those errors.

For the geeks on the board: I have a strange problem on the mail client of my server (MailEnable Pro) where users are able to authenticate remotely (such as outlook / other mail clients) supplying a username / password remotely, but the board can NOT do it as localhost / using IP address. All settings are correct, it's a prob with the MailEnable software..

As a temporary fix, I've built a secondary server I'm hosting here in my office, running MailEnable pro, which is handling all of the email sending of the MallCrawlin forums. If anyone has ever seen this issue or has any suggestions, please let me know.

-Matt, your very tired admin.

BigDaveZJ
02-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Ok everyone,

Email Notifications should be working now, and you should no longer get those errors.

For the geeks on the board: I have a strange problem on the mail client of my server (MailEnable Pro) where users are able to authenticate remotely (such as outlook / other mail clients) supplying a username / password remotely, but the board can NOT do it as localhost / using IP address. All settings are correct, it's a prob with the MailEnable software..

As a temporary fix, I've built a secondary server I'm hosting here in my office, running MailEnable pro, which is handling all of the email sending of the MallCrawlin forums. If anyone has ever seen this issue or has any suggestions, please let me know.

Ummmm . . . . repost?

testuser
02-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Ok everyone,

Ummmm . . . . repost?

Don't make me ban you, I posted it in all threads where the no-worky was mentioned.

Wait, am I on as Overkill or testy user?

hmmmmmm :finga:

Troy
02-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Ok everyone,

You're doing this in the SMTP relay options?

OverkillZJ
02-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Ok everyone,

You're doing this in the SMTP relay options?

Yup, with the following relay rules:

--Allow authenticated users
-- Deny all IP's except the following: (127.0.0.1 and the servers net IP)

I've removed, reinstalled, and reconfigured ME, same results. I installed it on my other server as a test and loade dup a test forum, and it works just fine. I'm searching the mail enable forums though, and finding I'm not the first to have intermittent results using local relays. It works perfectly relaying from anything OTHER than local.

Hell, I even made it an open relay for a little while, same results. I'm sure it's a ME problem, not configuarion. Pisses me off. Now I have 2 servers running one site, wohoo!

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
got this just now...

Could not connect to smtp host : 0 : The operation completed successfully.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : c:\domains\mallcrawlin.com\wwwroot\phpBB\includes\ smtp.php

Cue-Ball
03-03-2005, 02:59 PM
got this just now...

Could not connect to smtp host : 0 : The operation completed successfully.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : c:\domains\mallcrawlin.com\wwwroot\phpBB\includes\ smtp.php

me too

BigDaveZJ
03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I think Matt's been fucking around with the email server again, which is what's causing the error. He has some paying gigs to take care of first, so just ignore it for now.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-03-2005, 03:33 PM
this guy keeps sending me PM's.... what gives??

http://www.kip-radio.de/grafiken/turrey.jpg

OverkillZJ
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Huh? I'm confused.

Anyway, sorry about the problem guys. Should be working again now. For the geeks of the forum: There's a DNS resolution issue on the server that isn't allowing mail to be sent via the mail.mallcrawlin.com forward; so I've entered IP as the mail server for now.

I hate windows DNS services, flakey!

BigDaveZJ
03-03-2005, 04:15 PM

That looks like a creeped out version of my boss!!