PDA

View Full Version : SAMMI

Tommy
02-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Anybody know of something I should particularly look out for when buyin a suzuki sammi. I really want to go to TDS and I convinced my wife to let me buy a Samurai, that would eventually turn into her trail rig. It already lifted and could probably fit 32's. It already has gears and a locker. And the damn thing runs. The best thing is it is only $500 bucks, and it is clean. One of those it was my ex-husbands type deal and i just want it out of my yard. But they lost the key. May have to hot wire the bitch. I hope this deal goes through, I plan to beat the shit out of it..

JeepinHank
02-24-2005, 10:13 AM
I've got a buddy down here that's a Sami enthusiast. I sent him a link to this topic. Hopefully he'll chime in with a little bit of info for you.

Basically - Samis are stout little rigs. If its geared & locked, you could get another t-case for it and double it up, and be pretty much ready to wheel. Throw some weight in the back if you expect to get good traction in rocks - they don't have enough ass to bite the terrain I usually run. That's just what I've seen from wheeling with my buddy. He's got some 31" TSLs and he can air down to 6 psi and still barely get any sidewall flex out of it.

Don't know much in terms of years to watch out for or anything like that.

JeepinHank
02-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Finally got in touch with my buddy...

He suggested you check out this site for some good Zuk info:

http://www.zuwharrie.com/

If you want to shoot him an email, here's his address:

n3pht@cox.net his name's Greg.

Enjoy! And you better keep going to the grand too! ;)
Hank

Vonzipper
02-27-2005, 03:39 AM
tommy,

I know some guys are running taco axles front and rear and then just swaping out the transfercase gears for some that are shorter , nice ride on 37's

Scott

Tommy
02-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the replys. Hope this guy comes up with the pink in the next days. The plan for right now is to just get it ready for TDS. 4wheel parts is having the buy 3 get 1 free of sale and I could get a set of 33" X-terrains with series 97 rims for cheap. Probably be doing some late night fender trimming. I want to keep it cheap becuase I have already spent so much on the ZJ. But I will eventually double the T-CASE, I just don't have the time. I have until friday night to get the thing ready.

Vonzipper
02-27-2005, 02:34 PM
i think if you look around you may find some 6-1 gears for the transfercase,

KeepItCrunk
02-07-2006, 12:37 AM
My buddy p-body has a sammi with 38's, D60's and a TDI w/ a 5 speed. Let me tell you, :smt040 !!! Hes got TONS of shit laying around. Theres actually a good ammount of sammi guys out thsi way, u jsut gotto look a little deeper then u do to find jeep guys.