PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the wireing harness

Kraqa
02-20-2005, 11:17 PM
ok i'm not quite at the stage where i need to worry abotu the wiring in my buggy. BUT it doesn't hurt to do a bit of pre planning. i need to knwo the best way of completly removing the airbag system and all other unwanted items. I'm thinkging abotu just starting the jeep and then cutting the wires and seeing what happends. not the most scientific way but seems that if i cut something i need somehting bad will happen. what do you guys thing. i mean i'm going to trace the steario wires and then remove them, and trace the door sensors and removethem (well i will "close" the doors perminantly in the computers eyes). i want to rig a switch to dissarm the alarm manually since i will be wheelin this thing often with the doors off of it.

just thoguht i'd ask for some input.

OverkillZJ
02-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Starting it and cutting won't help you that much. Take this scenario: You have the ZJ running, it's going great, and you cut 15 wires before it dies. That last wire you cut was powering the coil, so you know why it died. You redo the coil wire, but it still won't start again. Why? Because you cut the starter relay wire about 15 wires ago, and now have no idea which one :)

I'd go through schematics and plan it out. Begin by getting info on whats radio and such so you can get the bulk of that crap out there.

At least that's how I would do it!

Kraqa
02-20-2005, 11:27 PM
i was hoping you would chime in on this. your the wire guy...or at least it seams that way. good tip i'l start reading.

if you ever in canada, make sure to stop by and do my wiring harness for me

OverkillZJ
02-20-2005, 11:44 PM
i was hoping you would chime in on this. your the wire guy...or at least it seams that way. good tip i'l start reading.

if you ever in canada, make sure to stop by and do my wiring harness for me

I'm good at wiring, but as far as automotive wiring goes, I HATE HATE HATE HATE it!

Too many freaky lil' connectors and crappy harnesses

Then again, do I get that :weedman: I've been asking for if I do it for you? :smt046

Kraqa
02-20-2005, 11:56 PM
get.....ah....whaaaaat???.......oh ya man no prob. lol

if you come up here you'll have more then enough.

Nordic1
02-21-2005, 01:15 AM
You might want to hit up Kody and Brent... didn't they chop apart their wiring harnesses?

shayzj
02-22-2005, 12:17 AM
I do not really know how to help you but I would like some killer weed also.

Love Shay

OverkillZJ
02-22-2005, 12:46 AM
I do not really know how to help you but I would like some killer weed also.

Love Shay

Great minds think alike :weedman:

Kraqa
02-22-2005, 11:52 PM
why do my topics always lead to monsence. lol oh well.

:smt033

i wont be able to get to work on this thing until monday. i'v been building my dad a base to a poker table. and now this weekend we are moving it and a bunch of furniture to our new house in Vernon. thats abotu 5 hours away. but when i get started i'm gonna start tracing the wires back to the source so i can hopfully get rid of most of the dash. i wana keep the ZJ layout but have a custom gauge cluster. then move the Heat controls where the VIC shoud be. then have my temp gauges and accesory switches where the sterio and ac controls are. then romove all the electronis that are unused from behind the dash to lighten up the front end as much as i can. i'm not looking forward to this.

JeepinHank
02-25-2005, 07:00 PM
You DO have a FSM right?

If not you must be :smt033

Kraqa
03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
yes i have one. but its usless.

JeepinHank
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
yes i have one. but its usless.

Stare at it for a while. After you've stared at till your eyes cross, it will start to make some sense. :rolleyes:

Nordic1
03-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Dirk (CueBall) has a pretty good FSM on CD

OverkillZJ
03-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Dirk (CueBall) has a pretty good FSM on CD

A pretty good FSM? What the hell is a "pretty good" FSM? THERE'S ONLY ONE FSM!

Kraqa
03-05-2005, 03:50 PM
lol,

i will be in contact with him.