PDA

View Full Version : Abs axle swap Question

Bruised
02-15-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm new to owning a Zj and it happens to have the typical Gear whine..
I want to swap in a couple Tj axles that i have lying around to make the front axle simpler but the Zj has Abs. My question is if i take all the Abs crap off will the computer go nuts? I'm sure people have done this swap but i couldn't find anything in search..

Thanks in advance..

Nordic1
02-15-2005, 01:36 AM
If you pull all of the ABS fuses, then you'll be fine. Haha you'll probably enjoy better braking too.... why TJ axles?

OverkillZJ
02-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Before others jump on you (and odds are, they're about to...) I might point you towards www.nagca.com or www.jeepsunlimited.com

This forum was created to avoid the general questions that are constanly going on over there...

Bruised
02-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Before others jump on you (and odds are, they're about to...) I might point you towards www.nagca.com or www.jeepsunlimited.com

This forum was created to avoid the general questions that are constanly going on over there...

Ju :shock: I didn't feel like waking up at 3am so the search would work!!

nagca.com was down last night so i figured i'd try here..

Why Tj axles? I have some laying around from a swap on my trail rig and it would be a direct swap. This is just a daily driver Zj with 3.5"s of lift and 31's.. I use a Tj as my trail rig.