PDA

View Full Version : serpintine belt help

jjunk
02-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Since I bought this grand in june I have gone threw 5 belts. The first two were from the power steering bracket broken. the third on started chirping. I replaced it and it went away. The fourth just started comeing foward on the pully's and shreded. The one I got now is now chirping like the third one.

I have replaced the Idler pully. checked for steightnesss it looks good. Even had 4 friend look at it and we compared the look with their grands.

Any help hear to figure this out. before I have to post it on JU for the answer. :mad:

MaineZJ
02-10-2005, 08:28 PM
possible bad waterpump?

JpRngr
02-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Stuart, If you wanna come by sometime, I can take a look at it. Do you still have my number?

Corey

jjunk
02-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Sorry I replaced the water pump first off it had a leak in it.

Corey yes I still have your phone number. DO you have any ideas to look at.

JpRngr
02-11-2005, 01:56 AM
When reinstalling the P/S pulley after replacing the bracket, did it get installed far enough or too far? Did the bracket get installed correctly? By chance did any of the pulleys get replaced? Maybe not as many grooves in the pulley? It sounds like a misalignment problem of some sort.

Corey

jjunk
02-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I know two heads are better than one. Well I had corey look at the jeep the other day and he found that the power steering pully was not puuled far enough back when it was installed. Well he pulled it back and it hasn't yet started to squeel yet again. Thanks for the help corey.