PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac air pump for ARB

PassRunnerZJ
02-09-2005, 12:22 AM
We just finished replaceing my old ARB pump/air chamber with a mid-80's Cadillac air compressor that GM used for the air suspension. I was having trouble when the compressor motor would vibrate the air chamber loose and the pump would run too much. Got tired of looking for the right O-ring combo. Both compressors work upwards of 105psi. ARB lockers are said to run anywhere from 65-110psi, 95psi best, nothing more though. This small chamber gives me three locker hits before the pump cycles again vs. one or two with a good ARB pump.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2131301350

We are planning on plumbing in another larger tank in the rear driver side panel for more storage capacity. We are going to try using empty propane cylinders from camping trips as they should hold the pressure fine and they are fairly compact.

There wasn't anything challenging in the mounting other than leaving room for the seat saftey hooks to go through the hinge area holes.

Jim311
02-09-2005, 12:57 AM
A friend of mine uses the same pump to air up tires.. or he did before he got his ARB pump anyway. You definitely need a larger tank. Good work. 8)