PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating dome lights? Service 4wd switch?

XLSLC
02-07-2005, 07:05 PM
1) Whenever I get off road or even on a dirt road that causes decent vibrations, my dome lights go on and won't shut off unless I pull the #15 fuse. (I think it's #15... second one up in the 3rd column of fuses). Any ideas?

2) "Service 4wd Switch" appears in my console alert area, whatever you call it, and when I go from 4HI to 4LO and back again, it goes away. Any ideas besides the obvious... servicing my 4wd switch... I hate paying those jackals $80/hr to fix a fuse.

BigDaveZJ
02-07-2005, 07:12 PM
1) Whenever I get off road or even on a dirt road that causes decent vibrations, my dome lights go on and won't shut off unless I pull the #15 fuse. (I think it's #15... second one up in the 3rd column of fuses). Any ideas?

Loose door pin or dimmer switch.

LouisianaZJ
02-07-2005, 07:14 PM
1) sounds like a messed up sensor in the doors that pushes in, letting the ecu know the door is open
i would clean those up and tighten them up if they are screwed in

i think you can just replace the switch. under $30 for the part

415 JEEP
02-09-2005, 11:23 PM
i have the same problem as question two and would appreciate sny imput geared toward not going to the stealer.
i got it to shut up by un plugging the elecrtical connection to the t-case, carefull theres two connectors and discoing the wrong one will screw with your spedo.... i hope someone has actually fixed this problem insted of my ghetto-ness meathod..... :lol: