PDA

View Full Version : Door hinges going bad?

Taz
02-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I've noticed in the last week or so that my LF door has dropped a bit. By dropped I mean the hinge pins have play. How does one fix this? New pins? new hinges? shim the old hinges?

also, has anyone in cold climates noticed that the rear doors don't like to close when it's cold out? Sometimes I'll slam the door shut and it'll pop open like the latch isn't working. I've had to shut it w/ my thumb on teh button, all my weight on teh door, and let go of teh button.....then it shuts.

LouisianaZJ
02-05-2005, 10:15 PM
a 93, eh?

1) find nearest cliff
2) put in drive
3) put cinder block on accelerator
4) watch it roll off cliff

the hinge pins can be replaced, i dont knw exactly how, but it can be done

try some white lithium grease on the door locks on the door jambs

Taz
02-05-2005, 10:24 PM
TF u doin home on a sat night bobbi? should't yew be out gettin that $?

Swamp boy
02-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I think the sell replacement hinges at Jeep ... They will have to be cut off and new ones welded on ...

Or maybe you can cut the pin out and replace it and put some new bushings or something in there... Adjusting the catch might help ... But not much.. :D

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
02-06-2005, 11:29 AM
TF u doin home on a sat night bobbi? should't yew be out gettin that $?

a typical weekend night for bobby BEWSHAY...

:fap: :fap: :fap:..... AHHHH!...

ew I lewv pwning n00bs on my fahrums. I'm gowing tew gow polish my turdstang. yippee....

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:.....

LouisianaZJ
02-06-2005, 03:06 PM
http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/5b/1c/87_3.JPG
the rustang is looking pretty sweet theses days

i stayed up late last nigh installing some new 31's

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so you put Yugo badges on the rustang? almost as bad as me and my pseudo-V8.

LouisianaZJ
02-06-2005, 03:49 PM
"sleeper"

JpRngr
02-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Taz, the dealer sells new pins and bushings for the hinges. It's not a very difficult fix. Biggest thing is supporting the door while R&Ring them. Or you could pull the doors off and do it on a bench or something. Basically you need to drive the old pins out. Then drive out the bushings if there's anything left of them. Then drive in the new bushings and pins how the old ones came out. Just be aware that since the upper pin goes in from the bottom, it has a tendancy to fall back out over time and may need to be tack welded in.

Corey

POSJEEP
02-10-2005, 10:34 AM
they also sell hing pin spacers you remove the pin drill the hole out with the recomeneded drill bit, pop the spacers in and install the hinges, like new!
they last allot longer when the innerfender is still in place!