PDA

View Full Version : Which Shafts are the Best??

LouisianaZJ
02-03-2005, 07:17 PM
i think im going to have a little axle experiment soon to see which ones are "the best"

im piecing together my D30 alloys since im not spending $650+ for new stuff. its going to be ghetto :D

drivers
superior evo inner and outer $160 shipped

pass side
warn alloy inner $110 shipped
"alloy usa" outer $120 new

$390 on turd polish

not sure on ujoints right now. if anyhting other than spicers they would be longfields

first axle to break is the loser in this experiment. it will be locked, and the gas will be floored :P 33"+ meats

OverkillZJ
02-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Mix and match axle!

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
02-04-2005, 01:51 AM
dewing burnouts at yewr local hi skewl doesnt result in broken shafts

[/LAZJgrammar]

LouisianaZJ
02-04-2005, 02:09 AM

[/LAZJgrammar]
4wd burnouts on pavement > FWD burnouts in your g/f's ZX2

Jim311
02-04-2005, 07:43 AM

[/LAZJgrammar]
4wd burnouts on pavement > FWD burnouts in your g/f's ZX2

Bwahaha :lol:

Nordic1
02-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Ruffy Tuffy used the evos and liked them... and WARNs are the iron.. .er... alloy standard for nice shafts

LouisianaZJ
02-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Ruffy Tuffy used the evos and liked them... and WARNs are the iron.. .er... alloy standard for nice shafts

yup, that drivers side is actually ruffy's old axle he was parting out. 8)

i actually got the warn in the mail today. it was new in box :D i was thinking it was used when i bought it that cheap

btw, i talked to the guy (Ron) at Alloy USA today to get the low down on these things. from what he told me they sound like the same manufacture process as the superiors. cold rolled splines, induction hardened, 4340 chromoly. a little cheaper than the superiors and boast a 10yr warranty, compared to superior's 2yr. might be worth a look if you want to pick up some alloys. they also make rear shafts which are about $360/pair with bearings.
they will also soon be making a 30 spline D30 stub shaft and some sort of 30spl hubs, not sure if they will be unit bearings or real hubs though
www.alloyusa.com

LouisianaZJ
06-15-2005, 02:04 AM
well i finally recieved the alloy usa shaft a few months/weeks? ago

ALLOY USA
the machine work is not as nice as the superior's and had a little less material in the ears. i did not see evidence of induction hardening, it may be there though
they are serial #'s with dremel like tool, not sure why with a lifetime warranty

SUPERIOR EVOLUTION
out of the three, these had the best machine work and the most materials in the ears. probably the best overall

WARN ALLOY
least material in the ears, pretty good machine work and quality

4x4 testing to follow...

these will be going in with yukon/jantz super joints