PDA

View Full Version : Front to rear swap w/ lift springs

bumpusma
02-01-2005, 11:00 PM
At the risk of sounding like a comple jackass, will swapping 3" ProComp front springs into the rear give me a huge lift increase? Found a great deal on new front springs and would like to utilize my old ones, I'm looking for 4.5 - 5 inches out of it.

SuicideTireZJ
02-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Dude I don't know why you 'd want those procomps in there in the first place. I had the full lift on my heep and it rode like shit. And the fronts would be waaaaay too stiff for the rear if they're already too stiff for the front. I netted at least 1.5" of lift over a sagging procomp rear when I threw the original fronts in the back. If you're looking for aroud 5", toss the stock fronts in the back with your spacers, and buy yourself some RE 4.5" fronts.

OverkillZJ
02-02-2005, 12:38 AM
...This thread has NEWBIE TECH written allover it.... moving.

OverkillZJ
02-02-2005, 12:43 AM
FYI: Pro comp sucks. It was my first lift, which I threw in the dumpster long ago. The springs are actually soft, it's the shocks that make the ride seem stiff.

Moving front springs to the rear will net you ~ 3" over front spring height.

IE: I have front 3" RE springs in my rear netting me 6".

Texas ZJ1
02-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Just today messing around in a couple of ZJ for sale forums I've found all kinds of cheap springs, control arms and etc.

Take a look there before you start going even more ghetto.

Hunter

black_zj
02-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Just today messing around in a couple of ZJ for sale forums I've found all kinds of cheap springs, control arms and etc.

Take a look there before you start going even more ghetto.

Hunter

have links to these sites?