PDA

View Full Version : axle swap question, looking for opions.

phillyzj
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
would it be silly to put an hp44/9" form a bronco under a zj with stock suspension arm set up? Just an idea i'm throwig around, i found a set of axles for a good price...

i've also considered extending the radius arms and building a front crossmember. I don't feel like building a 4 link for the rear right now though.

robselina
01-31-2005, 06:26 PM
if by 'stock' you mean short arms, nothing wrong with that....

phillyzj
01-31-2005, 11:09 PM
yea basicaly, i'm thinking of doing radius arms in the front due to simplicity. gotta sell the 8.8 first though.

Texas ZJ1
02-04-2005, 06:10 PM
PhillyZJ,

is the bronco axle width the same?

Hunter

ATL ZJ
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
If you're gonna put axles like that underneath, I am assuming you plan to wheel it. Shortarms aren't exactly conducive to the level of wheeling the 44 and 9" will allow. I think it would be a huge waste of time to set them up for shortarms when you will obviously want to go longarms later. Either wait a little while until you can do longarms at the same time, or bite the bullet and build some yourself.

my two pennies

LouisianaZJ
02-04-2005, 08:54 PM
i think you would be better off setting the ZJ up to use the radius arms

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
02-04-2005, 09:07 PM
If you're gonna put axles like that underneath, I am assuming you plan to wheel it. Shortarms aren't exactly conducive to the level of wheeling the 44 and 9" will allow. I think it would be a huge waste of time to set them up for shortarms when you will obviously want to go longarms later. Either wait a little while until you can do longarms at the same time, or bite the bullet and build some yourself.

my two pennies

i agree, do it right the 1st time. it will save lots of time and trouble.

servouxh
02-05-2005, 08:35 AM
I agree with the rest. Take your time and save your pennies until you can do it the way you really want. I have been planning my build since pretty much 2000, when I bought my ZJ. And now that I have saved up enough, I'm building it the way I really want to and not cutting corners just to get it done.

phillyzj
02-05-2005, 02:59 PM
wheel? yes, definately.

they are full width broc axles, 79 bronco, so they are wider than stock, 63-64" i believe?

yea i had pretty much decided to make the radius arms work if i went that route.

it is an issue of money which i think is why i won't do it. not getting them under the jeep, but buying new springs, shocks, etc. would just add up really quickly.

LouisianaZJ
02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
btw, alot of people who use the radius arms extend the back of them to make them longer, like LA's