PDA

View Full Version : any one useing the anti sway bar kit

jjunk
01-22-2005, 07:38 PM
OK Im now tired of pulling the quick disconnects off the grand. Its a pain and I was wondering if anyone is useing the universal anti-rock sway bar kits. How hard are they to install and what size of bar is best for it to use. anything else would be handy.

Texas ZJ1
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
How long is it taking you and which ones do you have?

Hunter

Cue-Ball
02-02-2005, 05:40 PM
I think goingoffroading is working on something like this, not sure if he is doing front or rear or both. Check with him.

OverkillZJ
02-02-2005, 05:51 PM
There's already a thread in this forum about this, so this is going to newbie tech.

Nordic1
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
yea I'm building one for the rear now and the front next week. Parts for the rear arive either today or tomorrow and will be in by saturday

jjunk
02-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I got all my parts orderd this week from speedway engineering. I got all the measurements and will use pillow blocks for the holders. I will let you know how it goes.

Nordic1
02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
I got all my parts orderd this week from speedway engineering. I got all the measurements and will use pillow blocks for the holders. I will let you know how it goes.

lol the race is on

Jim311
02-04-2005, 07:47 AM
I smell a writeup. I'd like to know how well these things actually work compared to the stock swaybars. I don't even run a front swaybar anymore, but I'd like my cornering to be a little more firm.

Nordic1
02-04-2005, 11:15 AM
I smell a writeup. I'd like to know how well these things actually work compared to the stock swaybars. I don't even run a front swaybar anymore, but I'd like my cornering to be a little more firm.

It's just like stock (bar that bends) exept this one has interchangable parts... ie... length of arm can be changed to be longer or shorter, different thickness bars can be ordered, etc.

jjunk
02-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Its not going to be a race. Let find out how close we are and also how each work. The cool thig is with this company if you don't like the feel of the bar you can just replace it to a stronger one or lighter one. FOr less money than the currie. Well I hope some time next week I get mine.

Nordic1
02-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Its not going to be a race. Let find out how close we are and also how each work. The cool thig is with this company if you don't like the feel of the bar you can just replace it to a stronger one or lighter one. FOr less money than the currie. Well I hope some time next week I get mine.

lol I agree... I'll drop you a line some time and we'll chat about our ideas to see what works. I've got a cool idea to use some DOM with this thing.