PDA

View Full Version : guage pods

Matt B
01-14-2005, 11:41 PM
anyone make an a-pillar guage pod for the grands? :?: if not, where and how are yall (sorry from Texas here) mounting extra guages?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-14-2005, 11:48 PM
i got my Lotek pod for christmas. i wanted a 3-guage pod but apparently they dont make them for a zj so I gotta 2 guage pod. I have seen the 3 guage pods on several zj's so i guess its a brand other than Lotek. check http://www.gaugepods.com/ for your ZJ. Installation is pretty easy too if you can line holes up worth a sh1t.

OverkillZJ
01-15-2005, 12:07 AM
i got my Lotek pod for christmas. i wanted a 3-guage pod but apparently they dont make them for a zj so I gotta 2 guage pod. I have seen the 3 guage pods on several zj's so i guess its a brand other than Lotek. check http://www.gaugepods.com/ for your ZJ. Installation is pretty easy too if you can line holes up worth a sh1t.

Nope, the 3 gauge's are Lotek too! I have one, they were from a goup buy a couple of years back.

Matt B
01-15-2005, 12:38 AM
cool thanks.

nate
01-15-2005, 07:22 AM
How are they for blocking your vision? At one point I almost bought one, but I changed my mind. What 3 guages would a person run? I can see ATF temp, can't think of anything else.

OverkillZJ
01-15-2005, 12:57 PM
How are they for blocking your vision? At one point I almost bought one, but I changed my mind. What 3 guages would a person run? I can see ATF temp, can't think of anything else.

Doesn't bother me much, and I'm pretty picky. I run oil temp, tranny temp, and coolant temp.

Cue-Ball
01-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I have a dual pod I will be installing soon with an oil temp and tranny temp.

Matt, where did you put the oil temp sender?

OverkillZJ
01-15-2005, 03:20 PM
I have a dual pod I will be installing soon with an oil temp and tranny temp.

Matt, where did you put the oil temp sender?

Funny you asked, it's the only sensor not hooked up yet! :lol:

Cue-Ball
01-15-2005, 05:04 PM
HAHA I have not decided if I am going to drop the oil pan and punch another hole next to the drain plug and install a B&M drain plug kit, or I have seen someone take out the oil pressure sender and put a "T" in (I have the link on my office computer).

What are you thinking of doing?

Where did you put the tranny sender? I have a new tranny pan that has a drain plug and a sender bung, is an old Mopar unit, holds extra fluid and is finned to help with cooling.

norcaljr
01-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I have a tranny temp and air pressure guage for my OBA in mine.

Cue-Ball
01-16-2005, 08:02 PM
air pressure guage for my OBA in mine.

Very trick.

2drezq
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
I bought a 2nd oil pan, then cut a hole right beside the drain plug, welded a bung on and swapped oil pans.

I have the three pod unit, I think Lotek discontinued them. I've got oil temp, tranny temp, and vacuum. I'll be moving the vacuum to a different location this spring when I put the EGT gauge in. I've also got a fuel pressure gauge and nitrous pressure gauge in a custom panel. The fuel/air ratio gauge will probably wind up in a pod on the OHC, and the vacuum will go on the steering column pod I'm building. The link shows the CF panel and gauges on the manufacturers webpage:

http://www.dragonplate.com/sections/gallery.asp#