PDA

View Full Version : cutting out rockers

phi564
01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
i plan on cutting out my rockers so i can get my rock rails as high as possible. my question is the b-pillar seems to hang down farther than the a-pillar, would there be any problems with cutting off the bottom of the b-pillar? it seems to just be in there not really connected to anything down in the rocker panel area.

chris

Nordic1
01-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Good question... I'd like to at some point cut off my KOR sliders and replace the rocker with some .25 box tubing

phi564
01-12-2005, 07:57 PM
hmmm, sounds great, thanks for all the help fellas :roll:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-13-2005, 12:28 AM

dude you just posted this last night, dump that sand outta ur cootch

I'm not really familiar with the B-pillar hanging down any lower than the a-pillar, in the structural sense anyway. But if you were to give it some support by incorporating it into the sliders you shouldnt have any problems. But yea you'd definatley wanna address it, thats why its called a PILLAR.

phi564
01-13-2005, 01:23 AM

dude you just posted this last night, dump that sand outta ur cootch

I'm not really familiar with the B-pillar hanging down any lower than the a-pillar, in the structural sense anyway. But if you were to give it some support by incorporating it into the sliders you shouldnt have any problems. But yea you'd definatley wanna address it, thats why its called a PILLAR.

sorry, just got back from the beach

JeepinHank
01-13-2005, 10:18 AM
http://akextreme4x4.com/tech/rocker/rockerpanelreplacement.htm

phi564
01-13-2005, 07:50 PM
thanks hank, i've seen alaska's, actually his rocker idea is what i've kinda been going by, but i really want to know if there is a down side to cutting off the bottom of the B-pillar.

thanks,
chris

Alaska ZJ
01-13-2005, 10:20 PM
If I was going to do it again I would.

But I must caveat by saying that I would probably try to suppliment it somehow.

When I dismantled the ZJ I was quite suprised how related all the small parts were to the structure of the thing......Some engineer musta put that shit together