PDA

View Full Version : Crankcase Ventilation CCV

irshrdneck
01-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Ok, first post on this site, but im not a newbie to the Zj, so no newbie jokes. Ok, anyway, lastnight i was going to clean out my ccv fitting.So after searching the haynes manual i determined that the ccv was 2 diffrent fittings on the valve cover,(remember I6.) the one in front connected to the air box, the one in the rear connected to the intake manifold. Ok, so i pulled the hose off the front fitting, then attempted to pull the fitting itslelf. Now it was in there tight. so after a little work i got it out, and then realized that this is not the ccv its just like a return line for the fumes left in the crankcase. So my first question is how do i get this fitting back into the valve cover.Its not rubber its tapered so it sticks in there and the lip is not rubber its just hard plastic. :?: Second question, where is the ccv? Any help or opinion is welcome.

OverkillZJ
01-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Only Newbies use the Haynes manual (crap)

Get the FSM!

irshrdneck
01-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Mabey that was my problem, any ideas?

gearhead313
01-09-2005, 06:07 PM
damn noob :lol: ccv is ghey, just put a baby filter on that shit

irshrdneck
01-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Dont you need a vacuum tho, Has anybody done this?

gearhead313
01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
there's no need for vacuum. All that does is suck the fume into the intake and reburn it. if you have a motor that has blow-by for example, all the pcv system will do it worsen it exponentially.

TrojanMan
01-30-2005, 11:55 PM
They're two part. One is a little plastic elbow, the other part is a rubber grommet. Seperate the two. Press the grommet in first, then the elbow goes straight down in. Its a sonofabitch if you try to do it any other way.. trust me, I know.

Krawlfish
05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
yea i was just havin some problems gettin my CCV out i think it was clogged.. and then the damn thing cracked.. and the rubber(plastic)grommet fell apart and it was hell i still havent got the damn thing out.. and i think a part of that damn thing fell down into the valve cover..thats ugly.. so tomorrow im gonna have to head down to the parts store and pick up a new grommet and elbow.. and it looks like a new valve cover gasket cuz i think im gonna need to pull it off and get whatever fell of in there.. but before i even did that i had a knockin issue(it sucks).. is there anyway that i can see if its anything in my head by with my valve cover off???

Swamp boy
05-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Take that valve cover off and get the crap out of there...
Dont drive down to the store and back and then do it...

Just my opinion..

But anyway..I run a filter on mine .. Because the same thing happened .. I went to pull it out and it broke off. So I pulled off my valve cover got all the crap out of it.. Bought a new Grommet and one of those pimpin Press in filters from Autozone ... An Viola... I am golden... :smt003