PDA

View Full Version : can anybody help me pleassssssssssseeeee?

safety1234
12-28-2004, 05:53 AM
I have few problems with my car, dont know where it is coming from, ABS light is on all the time, car is jumbing on U turns, and there is some humming from the back side all the time, car is going rightside even after allignment !!!!!

i just baught my first 4x4 grand cherokee, and dont know how to fix this, in Dubai it is hard to find technical assistance easily!!

anybody would help?

Nordic1
12-28-2004, 06:22 AM
lol did you test-drive this thing at all before you bought it? Does it track to one side when the steering wheel is strait? when you brake? If neither, You might have some bent control arms (and thats why it pulls to one side). They're cheap and easy to replace.

Describe "jumbling" on turns

ABS: check the lines and sensors, there might be something disco'ed. You may have to go to the stealer for this one.

Where the hell is Dubai?

Lol 30 seconds or less and thi's will be in newb tech

safety1234
12-28-2004, 06:34 AM
thanx alot for the quick response.

well, i ment hopping :), and it goes right when the steering wheel is straight, not when i brake, i have already done alignment, it didnt work

Nordic1
12-28-2004, 07:23 AM
when you HOLD the steering wheel strait, it tracks to the right? Your alignment shops SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your steering needs to be adjusted and we're not talking by much

What do you mean by hopping? Describe what happens when you turn? Like speed, how much you turn, describe the hopping,,,

JeepinHank
12-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I'd suspect that the "hopping" is due to a bad CV or U-joint in the axle shaft OR a bad viscous coupler in the transfer case.

Is the hopping during any kind of turn, or just tight turns?

Inspect the axle shafts - they're easier, then go for the viscous coupler...

Not sure about the whine.

BigDaveZJ
12-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Not exactly an FAQ or Writeup here, moving to Repair Shop.

gearhead313
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
If its pulling, and you have a hum in the back... check for a bound up brake in the back, probably the passenger side one.

and hopping sounds like a 4wd bind problem...anything JeepinHank might have said i'd look into.

robselina
12-28-2004, 11:01 PM
that hum in the back could be the limited slip too, when they get old they get kinda noisy....

Jeepin' Wolf
12-28-2004, 11:12 PM
If its pulling, and you have a hum in the back... check for a bound up brake in the back, probably the passenger side one.

That'd be my inclination as well. Could be trouble with the ABS. If ABS wires and sensors seem ok at ta first glance try pulling the ABS fuse out and see if that helps pulling and humming. Speed up to 60-70 mph and slam hard on the brakes a couple of times. If the pads or shoes are bound up this could help to pound them into submission.