PDA

View Full Version : short arms

Matt B
12-23-2004, 03:36 AM
what problems will i run into if i have 6" of lift with adj short arms? I have 4" right now and it works great but i came across an excellent deal on 35s and would like to put them on (and keep some sheet metal around the tires)? thanks

LouisianaZJ
12-23-2004, 03:46 AM
you will need adj f/r t bars and adj arms to make it work

Matt B
12-23-2004, 03:49 AM
yea ive got the arms and the tbars just wondering if there are going to be any surprises the first time i get on or off the hwy with it

Jim311
12-23-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure you're still gonna wanna cut even with 6 inches of lift :o

The ride will be rough too. But some chicks like it that way.

Matt B
12-23-2004, 08:04 PM
probably just stick with the front to rear swap with the short arms for now, thanks

Tommy
12-23-2004, 11:37 PM
6" of lift you can run 35's easy with minimal rubbing. Cut a couple inches off of the front fenders and you will be good. If you are still intrested in my CA's they are just about setup for 6"+ a little lift. I was running XJ 4.5" front springs in the rear and ZJ 4.5" springs with ACOS up front. I know a ton of people say the 35C wont last, but I ran 35's for some time and even used it to commute some (128 mile roundtrips.) No lockers though!!

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-02-2005, 08:46 PM
6" does ride alot different than 4" but there is more than enough room for 35"s after you do a little chop chop. Keep it low and stable closer to 5" if you wana run those big meats. oh and if you haven't regeared, i hope you dont get in too much of a hurry after you put on those tires. :D

Jim311
01-03-2005, 12:00 AM
6" does ride alot different than 4" but there is more than enough room for 35"s after you do a little chop chop. Keep it low and stable closer to 5" if you wana run those big meats. oh and if you haven't regeared, i hope you dont get in too much of a hurry after you put on those tires. :D

What do you know about having six inches? :lol:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-04-2005, 02:35 AM

What do you know about having six inches? :lol:

its all about the niner baby :lol:

My ZJ is sitting at 5.5" at the moment (3.5" springs, 2" bb, JKS lowers, tera uppers, Kevins front tbar conversion, JKS rear tbar, YJ brakelines, DT shocks) and its not too harsh to be honest with you. Its not my dd right now i can break it down as much as i want. Trying to get everything going w/ the 8.8, and getting ready for GSW. :D

LouisianaZJ
01-04-2005, 02:50 AM
you mom is letting you take her ZJ to GSW?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-04-2005, 02:56 AM

they just OKed the trip the other day. its probably getting trailered there though, I wanna keep my low mileage. :roll:

OverkillZJ
01-04-2005, 02:16 PM

they just OKed the trip the other day. its probably getting trailered there though, I wanna keep my low mileage. :roll:

See ya there, but I didn't ask my mom or dad for permission :lol:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-05-2005, 04:30 AM

well seeing how my parents pay for my living quarters, my food, and school i figured "OKing" a 1.5 week road trip across the country is the LEAST i could do. Sometimes i'm ready to be old and on my own, being 19 sucks.

OverkillZJ
01-05-2005, 09:36 AM

well seeing how my parents pay for my living quarters, my food, and school i figured "OKing" a 1.5 week road trip across the country is the LEAST i could do. Sometimes i'm ready to be old and on my own, being 19 sucks.

I was on my own at 18 :twisted:

Ok ok they pay for school now, and put "dorm expenses" towards my housing costs. But I pickedup and left on the phoenix trip for a month anyway, haha.

Jim311
01-05-2005, 02:13 PM

I was on my own at 18 :twisted:

Ok ok they pay for school now, and put "dorm expenses" towards my housing costs. But I pickedup and left on the phoenix trip for a month anyway, haha.

I live with my mom and I don't have to okay jack shit with her. She's like my room mate :D

Tommy
01-06-2005, 01:09 AM
I didn't really notice a much rougher ride at 6" plus on short arms. The one thing you you will notice especially if you use the ZJ will be the bushing wear on the lower CA's. Just pay attention to the bushings and personally by my experience you will be OK. Especially since you both front and rear adjustable trackbars. And like I have saoid before i commuted in my SA ZJ at 6+ (128 mile round trip's) and it was fine for me. Did you recieve the CA's yet Matt? I haven't seen an e-mail from you. What are you doing for disco's, and you may want to buy the axle side extended disco mounts. My driverside broke off.

And on the light side you will be able to pull 3 wheel motion without hydro's. :D

Matt B
01-06-2005, 03:33 AM
yea i got them started putting them on this week..just trying to get new bushing is a pain aroung here..lol actually right now i dont run a sway bar at all front or rear.. havent had any problems. Takes a little gettin used to though, my friends hate it they wont ride with me...ha ha