PDA

View Full Version : Little Help for a Newbie Please!!

Jeepinparrothead
12-22-2004, 12:18 PM
5.2 L

Ok I need to replace the battery cables. Right now I have it ghetto rigged, cut the ends off the old positive post at the battery and have it crammed in to a zone post grabber thing. Anyway, I want to make sure I have it right. I have a positive cable running from the battery to the fuse box. Then off the same clamp on the battery I have one that goes under the tensionor pulley back up to the alternator. Then split off from the cable that goes under the pulley to the alt there is a cable that goes to the starter? Right? I have no idea how I am going to split that off but I am going to try. Then the Neg cable runs a short one from the post to the fender. Then off the same post you have one that runs under the pulley to the alt. Then it splits as well to go to the starter. Right? If someone has a Schematic that would be great but I couldn't find one. I am going to be buying the cables from www.custombatterycables.com Do you think this is a good idea? Please if there is a way to simplify the wiring I am all ears. I can't find much on the net but I am sure that someone is going to find something as soon as they search and I will look like an idiot. Oh well, won't be the first time. Thanks for the help guys.

Cue-Ball
12-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I got my cables from James at jeepersandcreepers.com He uses military battery clamps that I like alot better than the standard clamps.

He will make anything you need, give him a call and he will be able to explain what you need. 415-387-2323

Jeepinparrothead
12-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks man

Swamp boy
12-22-2004, 04:40 PM
I soldered mine into copper loops and screwed the onto a set of battery quick disconnects from Autozone...

Red mark is where its soldered..

Blue is Battery quick connect.. It levers down nice and tight..

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/94/94531/folders/182646/1359858IM002941.JPG

Cue-Ball
12-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I think I like the look of the military clamps better than the quick connects.

OverkillZJ
12-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I think I like the look of the military clamps better than the quick connects.

They all do the same thing ;)

I like the quick disconnects, cheap, and a tight connection easier.

Jeepinparrothead
12-23-2004, 12:09 PM
I am going to do the soldering technique. I will let yall know how it works.

nate
12-24-2004, 08:00 PM
The quick discos, is that something from the run of mill parts store as well? I've never seen them.

Swamp boy
12-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Got mine at Autozone.. Nothing special order ... Just hanging on the wall near the gold bling bling connectors.. :lol: