PDA

View Full Version : Multimedia section. . . .

gearhead313
12-20-2004, 06:46 PM
that is what we need...

buddy of mine was over and we were playin with the CJ and stuff and he's like, are there really other sick individuals like yourself that hack up grand cherokee's?....and im like, hell ya...mallcrawlin.com

so i boot up the site and I coudl not for the life of me find any good pics and whatnot to show him...SO,

I think we should take all the shiot we have and make a section or something to put it all in. If you go to our site: www.northeastcrawlers.org we have a members section that has what we own and pics with it....thats ok

or like there is "dirveline", "suspension"...there could be a "multimedia" section where we can strickly put pictures and video...like quick acces to Matt's vids and stuff like that also.

I think it would make life easier for the new people that come in or for the lurkers to check out and encourage them to join up and spread the love... just an idea. . . . . .

OverkillZJ
12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
I think it's a good idea, and it's something we'll probably do in the future. the probmlem with the way NEC has it is that takes a lot of admin time (the pages are manually created by one person) and that's hard to keep up with. I like the idea of a seperate forum, but the problem wtih that is you can't host on the mallcrawlin.com server due to our current space/bandwidth limitations, and links change. So what I'm saying is that something posted today, might not be a valid image link in a week, and you end up with a pretty broken up site.

Let me think about it for a little while, I'm sure I can come up with something. I like the concept.

gearhead313
12-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Sounds good.. . I can imagine how much larger the server has to be to be able to upload onto mallcrawlin compared to what it is now? I wish i knew more about this stuff b/c i'd love to put together a memebers page that would give a bit about everybody.....but i can't.

I appriciate lookin into it, i think it would make it way easier to find stuff that we might need for reference.....or just to impress our friends :lol:

MaineZJ
12-21-2004, 12:03 PM
that's a decent idea. there is the "Jeep Journals and Member's Rides" with lots of pics of people rides in it...

gearhead313
12-21-2004, 08:17 PM
even then, i was looking for like cody's rig and some others and didn't find anything decent w/o searching my balls off :?

BigDaveZJ
12-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Basically what Matt said. Right now we're pretty limited by the host, and I really don't want to make any major changes to the site until we get things switched over to a better server.