PDA

View Full Version : GSW 05 DATES - MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

BigDaveZJ
12-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Grand Slam West 2005 will be held June 10, 11, and 12th this year in Moab, UT. Registration will open shortly as well, and just like in the past GSW will be limited to 50 vehicles (unless any BLM rules change between now and then).

We do not have trails picked out yet for each day or anything like that, just the dates figured out. We probably won't have the trails finalized until a couple weeks before, and they are always subject to change.

We are looking for suggestions though as to what trails to run though since we seem to be doing the same ones each year. Some of the "regular" trails are Cliffhanger, Poison Spider Mesa, and Pritchett. Those may end up being offered again this year (assuming that Cliffhanger is returned to a non-paved state), but we also want to offer some other trails so feel free to offer up any suggestions!

JohnBoulderCO
12-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Golden Spike was a blast. Bob (Trango) did a great job leading and fixing (welding) the two that broke. I would like to see that offered again.

BigDaveZJ
12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Golden Spike is another one I want to do. I'm HOPING to get out to Moab twice before GSW so I can pre-run (yeah, that's my excuse!) some of the easier trails we might be doing.

Also, if anyone would like to participate in the planning and organizing of the event, please contact me via PM or email. We're almost always in need of trail leaders, so if you're familiar with the area and comfortable with leading a trail, let us know too.

snarfer86
12-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Are there any trails that a newb driver with a stock jeep could run? :)

JohnBoulderCO
12-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Yes

PassRunnerZJ
12-20-2004, 02:25 AM
Gold Bar Rim was good for stock--well nearly--Grands as was Poison Spider Mesa and Fin's and Things. I did them on 29s, BB, and no rocker protection with minimal scratches, the transfer case skid took some bumps though. I know that I'd like another opportunity to get a picture of my ZJ out on the overhang on GBR and get my whole ZJ in the picture, not the--chicken--top half since I wasn't sure how far over to the left I could go.

Colorado 5.9
12-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Gold Bar Rim was good for stock--well nearly--Grands as was Poison Spider Mesa and Fin's and Things. I did them on 29s, BB, and no rocker protection with minimal scratches, the transfer case skid took some bumps though. I know that I'd like another opportunity to get a picture of my ZJ out on the overhang on GBR and get my whole ZJ in the picture, not the--chicken--top half since I wasn't sure how far over to the left I could go.

Were you with us this last summer? I got photos of just about eveyone I think. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286540101

PassRunnerZJ
12-23-2004, 03:54 AM
Yep, white ZJ Laredo plicking up the rear. First time out in Moab four wheeling on the slickrock. What a blast, the event went beyond my expetations and the ZJ keeps on impressing me! Rocker protection now, hopefully a few more play trips, and 31s on the DD before GSW05. -Todd

Colorado 5.9
12-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Yea, I see what you meen. The photos I took aren't that great. The Jeep was kinda back a bit. I check Keith's photos too & they are the same.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
12-25-2004, 01:16 AM
count me in.... me and a friend are making the trek. :D

Texas ZJ1
12-26-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm ready to go.

Hunter

PassRunnerZJ
12-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Yea, I see what you meen. The photos I took aren't that great. The Jeep was kinda back a bit. I check Keith's photos too & they are the same.

The pictures you took were great, I didn't know where to park to get more than the top half of my ZJ in the picture. I need to get further to the North or left and out a little closer to the edge. I was in awe of the performance of my ZJ and the spotters' lines and I had a hard time taking it all in on the first day :D

PassRunnerZJ
12-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Is Elephant Hill too far away to do in a day or maybe on Friday with an early start? The 4x4now.com site has it rated as a 3.5 trail with some good scenery.

Jeepin' Wolf
12-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Keeping me figers crossed....

Grand Taz
12-30-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm ready to go again. I did PS Golden Spike and Gold Bar rim with 32's and 2"BB. Rock and roll!

bburgi
03-22-2005, 01:53 AM
All right folks... I'm registered for my first ever Grand Slam!
It reminds me of the way I felt the first time I got to go to Disney World. :mrgreen:

That is all.

Bustin' Loose
03-22-2005, 02:19 AM
All right folks... I'm registered for my first ever Grand Slam!
It reminds me of the way I felt the first time I got to go to Disney World. :mrgreen:

That is all.

HEY!!...that's it! That's exactly how I feel too!!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-22-2005, 02:28 AM
I registered a few weeks ago but didnt get an email to print out the waiver.... what gives?

bburgi
03-22-2005, 02:41 AM
I registered a few weeks ago but didnt get an email to print out the waiver.... what gives?
Dunno... I got my email within a couple of minutes.

If you log-in to the GSW website and click on Registration there's a link a the bottom to re-print your waiver. I'd try that.

OverkillZJ
03-22-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm stoked....

Then again, I'll be there in a couple weeks for the pre run, but without my rig :drinkers:

Sandy R
03-22-2005, 09:26 AM

My recollection is that I did not get an email with my waiver attached. As part of the registration process I recall an instruction or link to click on which then brought up the waiver on your screen to print out, complete and mail in to Tom. I don't have time now but tonight I will see if I can find it and email it to you. If, in the meantime you find it on your own shoot me an email or pm so I don't spend any time looking for something that is no longer needed. See you in Moab.

PassRunnerZJ
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM

My recollection is that I did not get an email with my waiver attached. As part of the registration process I recall an instruction or link to click on which then brought up the waiver on your screen to print out, complete and mail in to Tom. I don't have time now but tonight I will see if I can find it and email it to you. If, in the meantime you find it on your own shoot me an email or pm so I don't spend any time looking for something that is no longer needed. See you in Moab.

Click on the Register button on the left side, then scroll down to the bottom and there is a Reprint button that you can use. This link might work, but you will probably have to log in. http://24.8.116.15/GrandSlamWest/(2swtn5bmlmqcwt45ukqtfcie)/Register.aspx

Greg95zj
03-30-2005, 02:31 PM
WOOHOOO i can actually make it this year, see ya out there Kevin M... btw you done anything to your rig since you left for San Diego???

Tommy
03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Greg

Are you from SD as well?

mckeonm
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry guys I will not be able to make it to the GSW this year. I have to be in Orlando, Florida at 1:00 PM on Sunday the 12th, which means flying out on Saturday the 11th.

Maybe next year if is still open to OHV.

Greg95zj
04-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Nope i'm in Tucson

chadjans
04-07-2005, 02:39 AM
WOOHOOO i can actually make it this year, see ya out there Kevin M... btw you done anything to your rig since you left for San Diego???

He has a cage. I should be part buggy by then if I can find a career.

Chad