PDA

View Full Version : STALLS DOWN HILL!

POSJEEP
12-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Well just as it says, when i go down a steep rock or hill it sometimes stalls out. no check engine light.
it will fire right back up very strange ive checked the wiring seems all ok but i cant get it to do it when its in the yard.......
forkin heep!
woulda added a pic but didnt know what i should be showin ya :lol:

OverkillZJ
12-09-2004, 02:17 PM
check your sensors, and maybe IAC stepper motor.

POSJEEP
12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Maybe. i just replaced it maybe i didnt push the plug in enough ...
i hope its that easy
if not ill just get used to hitting the breaks with two feet.

JeepinHank
12-09-2004, 05:56 PM
does it only happen when you're in 4 lo, or all the time?

When I'm going down hill in 4 lo and keep my foot off the throttle (compression braking I guess) my Jeep will sometimes stall out on me at the bottom of the hill. I usually just feather the gas a bit whenever it feels like its about to stall.

If it happens in 4 hi too, I have no idea.

nate
12-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Yeah mine does the same thing as well.

POSJEEP
12-19-2004, 08:11 PM
lo or high and it stalls, seems like i lose spark feathering the peadle doesnt help at all.

PassRunnerZJ
01-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I know this might seem strange... how many miles do you have and have you change out the crank sensor indicator? Mine did that going down acceleration ramps, then randomly on the flats, then up hills, until finally it threw the code while it was on day two at the dealership to diag the stalling issue. Not a problem since. I had ~140k. Or dirty fuel filter, but I doubt that one or it would happen more often.

Jim311
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM
I stalled mine out for the first time this weekend. I was attempting a REALLY steep hill climb. When I'd let off the gas, the Jeep would roll backward down the hill and stall out the motor. Oddly I've never had this problem before even on the same hill climb. Should I be concerned?

gearhead313
01-05-2005, 11:00 AM
lo or high and it stalls, seems like i lose spark feathering the peadle doesnt help at all.

something might have happened in the tank...i couldnt' tell you what but maybe fuel is getting away from the pick-up or something like that. Just a total guess.

POSJEEP
01-12-2005, 10:33 PM
i changed out the cam sensor and it hasnt happened since.........