PDA

View Full Version : need feedback on 3.5 lift before placing order please

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-09-2004, 03:18 AM
i currently have a 2" bb w/ 31's on my ZJ, but I want to scrap that and bump it up to a 3.5" setup for the additional clearance and for a better lift overall. i been looking around on the forums for guidance as to what parts I need and so far it looks like the re 3.5" springs all around, re twintube shocks, extended brake lines up front, jks quick disconnects, and a jks adustable front track bar. i already have the extended bump stops from my bb i ordered and also have the ome steering stabilizer. the only thing i am unsure about that I think needs addressed is the rear track bar...I seen you can get a whole new one from jks, or a bracket from re. is a rear track bar even necessary at 3.5" of lift? i plan to keep the stock control arms, it don't seem to be an issue with this lift. if you guys could please carefully review this setup and make sure i have everything addressed good it would be very much appreciated. im gonna kill myself spending all this money so i want to make sure its a nice setup. thanks.

LouisianaZJ
12-09-2004, 03:29 AM
JU caters to this type of request.. at least put it in newbie tech on this board, nothing "advanced" i see

anyways this is what you should order
4 DT3000 shocks or other brand
4 RE springs
4 adj LCA's, super ride or super flex, your decision
YJ brake lines from autozone
JKS disco's
adj front t-bar, not RE1600, get something like a RE1660 or equivalent
adj rear bar
extended rear s-bar links (optional)

you can run 32's or 33's on appropriate wheels and trimming

OverkillZJ
12-09-2004, 02:36 PM
www.kevinsoffroad.com

He carries some good pre-set lifts you can't go wrong with.

Texas ZJ1
12-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Yes, you're going to need either the rear trackbar or trackbar bracket.

Hunter