PDA

View Full Version : Currie Style sway bar input needed... thanks!

Nordic1
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
So I'm piecing together a sway bar kit for the rear of our ZJs from speedway engineering. It'll be a lot like the Currie anti-rock setup except almost a complete bold in. I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for rear sway bar "rates" (as in how much force it would require to flex the bar). I will need to re-measure it but I think we can fit a 37.5" bar in the back and if my measurement is right, here are the sway bar rates to choose from:

http://www.1speedway.com/swaybar375.htm

Any input would be greatly appreciated…. Thanks!

-Chase

Nordic1
12-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I dont have the part numbers anymore. I just got a same size bar as stock and figured out the rest. One of the more important things is to get the right length bar for your application.

The only thing that sucked about it was breaking my hand while fabing it up. :lol:

Has worked great.

I think I already found my answer here:
http://mallcrawlin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=894

What would you guys prefer... stiffer than stock or stock-ish sway rates?

Jim311
12-07-2004, 10:36 PM
I guess it would depend. I'm running one in the rear for stability offroad, so less inhibition when it comes to flex is somewhat of a good thing to me. I need something middle of the road I guess.

Nordic1
12-08-2004, 01:32 AM
I'm going to contact the people that make the addco sway bar and ask what their sway rate or whatever is. I liked my addco on my ZJ. I could still max out the shocks flexing but it gave me alot of road stability. When I piece everything together, install it and work out the kinks, I'm going to send a parts list to KevinF (or Kolak) and they might become a speedway dealer. They would assemble a kit based upon my list and hopefully sell it cheaper than it would be buying directly from speedway... and for people that don't want to wait for that process to happen, I will post a parts list here as well.