PDA

View Full Version : Posting Problem

nate
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Why is everytime I click to post, I get sent back to the main page and I have to go back to the thread and try it again? It will do that 2-3 times sometimes.
It's not my computer, as I don't use the same computer (I'm in a lab) and they all do it.

LouisianaZJ
12-03-2004, 09:49 AM
cookies enabled?

BigDaveZJ
12-03-2004, 11:07 AM
No clue, I've never had any issues like that on my end.

OverkillZJ
12-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Nate,

I really doubt it's the board, when something goes wrong like that with the board, it's always a "everybody or nobody" problem, since every time we post we go through the same channels. I bet if you use any computer OUTSIDE of that lab, or that network for that matter, you won't find yourself having that problem :)

If you know of any software they're running on those systems (popup blockers, cookie deleters, etc.) let me know, I'll see if I can find out why it's happening to you.

Like I said before, computers hate you! :lol:

Nordic1
12-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Nate, you might want to wander over to www.mozilla.com and download their web browser

My IE never worked and it gave me alot of troubles... I decided to test mozilla out and it runs alot smoother with almost zero problems

OverkillZJ
12-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Nate, you might want to wander over to www.mozilla.com and download their web browser

My IE never worked and it gave me alot of troubles... I decided to test mozilla out and it runs alot smoother with almost zero problems

From a technical, stability, and mostly a compatability standpoint, I'd take IE any day. Infact, I wont support your bastard mozilla or fire fox users.

IE is a great browser, when properly patched, configured, and used.

Mozilla doesn't follow enough standards for my liking...

nate
12-05-2004, 01:23 AM
I'm not sure if it does it at home, I can't remember.

I do know every computer does it here. Whether in the lab, at work, etc. They are all on the same network though.

OverkillZJ
12-05-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure if it does it at home, I can't remember.

I do know every computer does it here. Whether in the lab, at work, etc. They are all on the same network though.

I bet they have some kind of group policy in place at the domain level that's propigating down to all of the clients, something to protect info sent through cookies and the like.

I used to work with corporate networks (hated it compared to what I do now) - it's amazing how many of our little "fixes" would break normal every day stuff :)

ATL ZJ
12-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Firefox is the best thing to happen to my computer since I added a keyboard.

OverkillZJ
12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Firefox is the best thing to happen to my computer since I added a keyboard.

You still use a keyboard? THAT'S HARDCORE MAN! :lol: