PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Harness.....

Alaska ZJ
11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Here she goes....I am gonna strip the ZJ harness down to what is absolutly required.

http://www.kodiakoffroad.com/images/chuggy/secretsquirrel/choppedchuggy.jpg

YIKES. In theory I only need 5-7 of the wires in this picture.....OMG.

http://www.kodiakoffroad.com/images/chuggy/secretsquirrel/5wires.jpg

Oh and for all you guys that still have a dash and stuff.......you would be AMAZED at the amount of weight and room up there...The heater core thingy must weigh 50+ pounds.

JeepinHank
11-29-2004, 03:42 PM
:shock:

I do not envy you sir.

OverkillZJ
11-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Brennt........................

I'm an eletrical guy...........................................

I'm not gonna touch mine...................................

GOOD LUCK MAN!

gearhead313
11-29-2004, 05:23 PM
I LOVE IT!

rip all that shit out.... then let us know when it doesn't start :shock:

OverkillZJ
11-29-2004, 05:25 PM
I LOVE IT!

rip all that shit out.... then let us know when it doesn't start :shock:

Carb it so he can stall out on the hill climbs the ZJ buggies love? :P

gearhead313
11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
They make that new offroad carb....i think im going to put on on my cj5 and see how it is...

gsh
11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
I helped my brother on a similar project. He bought a plow truck setup with a utility bed, extra lighting, accessories, dual battery, dual alternators, all done very nicely. It developed a battery draining problem and he didn't want all the extras anyway so he ripped out all the added wiring. No fix, so then he ripped it all out like you did. His was easy, a '76 F250, carbed, single wire GM alternator, points, lights, starter, heater blower, wipers, and plow pump. You gonna have fun.

Nordic1
11-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Somebody has to make a bare bones 4.0L wiring harness... painless maybe? turnkey engines?

LouisianaZJ
11-29-2004, 11:37 PM
im sorry, but what would you be accomplishing by this? just wire up what you need and ball the rest of the wires up near the dash area.

BigDaveZJ
11-30-2004, 12:50 AM
And I thought figuring out what the mess of wires in the roof and tailgate all do was gonna suck . . . . .

snarfer86
11-30-2004, 01:37 AM
your fuckin nuts! or extreamly talented....well find out in a month or two i assume :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Alaska ZJ
11-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I guess we shall see.

MWAHAHAHAHA

For those of you that are not Scurred.....

I will be using:

PDC
ECU
TCU
Injector Harness
TPS
CO2
CPS
Fuel pump and sender

All that extra shit will be going in the garbage. I am just about done with the back half of the harness. Not enough to actually notice a difference if I take a picture though.

Overkill- You could easily do it. The FSM schematic is really good.

Chase- Painless and Hesco both sell harness's. 400 bones. I am Jewish and love doing it myself. Plus I am waiting for JB to deliver my Lomax gears for the Tcase so I am bored.

LouisianaZJ- I would ball up the wires under the dash if I had a dash. I removed it with a Sledgehammer last week.

OverkillZJ
11-30-2004, 01:05 PM
I guess we shall see.

Overkill- You could easily do it. The FSM schematic is really good.

Maybe skill-wise I could do it, but patience wise, not a chance. I need to work with things I can either hit with a BFH, or chuck out my office window when I get pissed (laptops, printers, computers, networking equipment) - makes a very thrilling smash when it lands on my driveway two stories below!

Pearce
11-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Tim riped out all of his dash. I think he said its only running on like a few wires. Its real clean without all that dash crap. Drop him a note, he might be able to help.

gsh
12-01-2004, 02:44 AM
With all that extra copper you might want to check the salvage price instead of chucking it. :mrgreen:

Alaska ZJ
12-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks Peirce.

I still have not recieved the FSM.....but I have Chopped many a wire already......lol. I is CRAZY

Alaska ZJ
12-03-2004, 02:38 PM
PDF file for 1993-1997 Grand Cherokee Wiring harness's (http://www.kodiakoffroad.com/techinfo/zjwiring.PDF)

Werd to yo mutha. Link this to Pirate and I will remove it......lol.

I will gladly burn a FSM to CD for cost. 1993-1997 ZJ's. The rest of you can EAD I ain't buying another one.

FinlayZJ
12-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Holy fuckshit. You're crazy. I do have no doubt you will get it back together. Only I would wager on a lot of foul language before it runs.