PDA

View Full Version : good place for synthedic winch rope

Nordic1
11-17-2004, 05:29 AM
Just as it says... I wanted to replace my gnarled winch cable on my shiney new (sorta) warn m8000.

BigDaveZJ
11-17-2004, 10:01 AM
You bought that ARB and winch????

Anyways, www.rockstomper.com is what most of the local guys use.

BMRisko
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=736

Nordic1
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Cool thanks

Cody
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
www.rocklogic4x4.com

They also contribute to GSW so we should throw some business their way.

Cody

Alaska ZJ
11-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Cody...thanks for that link...I am gonna order some shiz from them....lol

Cue-Ball
11-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Here is a link to the cheapest place I could fine online. I will be ordering mine from them in a few weeks.
http://www.okieweb.com/outbackequipped/4X4-winchrope.htm

forexfour
12-08-2004, 12:34 PM
I tried the Amsteel rope and have removed it and went back to cable.

The rope has way to many issues when using it for hard core pulling or even just normal use.

My rope became hot while using and pulling deforming the rope and weakening it from what it looks like.

The rope also ripped from the connection where it attaches at the winch.

If you do not pull with the rope entirely unspooled it will wind in on itself and become difficult to pull out the next time you use it.

The Protection wrap that you get with it is 10 foot long and really does not help much.

Although this is prolly the safest thing to use to winch with I think it was the worst thing I ever purchased. I maybe had 6 to 8 puls on it and everytime I used it it just got worse and worse.

I only went with it for the safey and because I was told it was a good upgrade. I dont agree at all.

This is a bad buy in my opinion

Chris

nate
12-08-2004, 01:43 PM
There are quite a few guys in AK running synthetic rope, and I've heard only good about it.

forexfour
12-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Just posting my results. Have you used it or seen it used? For the money it is not worth it unless you are doing baby pulls.

Used it for about 1.5 years and every pull I was not impressed or happy with the end result nor how it bunched up as you pulled.

Rope impressions on the actual rope from being under high tension and heating up.

I had also heard people liking it but it is not all it is said to be as far as my use went.

Nordic1
12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
well I bought synthedic because my metal cable snapped... if it really sucks then I'll swap back to metal cable

Cue-Ball
12-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Chris,

I have seen rope used a couple of times but have never heard anything bad about them like what you are descibing, I may have to ask a few more questions before I purchase mine.

Thanks.

Cody
12-08-2004, 09:04 PM
I don't have a winch, but I have been involved in 100-150 pulls over the past 2 years, 80% of which was rope and I've yet to find a person that would rather have cable. Probably at least 3 dozen different winches/owners.

I've never seen any of the problems described above. I was being pulled over something once and the rope broke. I would have been dead if it were cable, thank god it was rope. Just weave it together, or even a nice knot, and pull again.

Cody

JpRngr
12-09-2004, 01:32 AM
The synthetic rope that is on my winch is deformed from being pulled into itself also, but I don't see it as a problem. I'm betting that it's due to not properly tensioning the rope when it was put on, cause I didn't. Also, I've had the rope break too, (did I mention it's an older rope?), and am I glad that I've got the rope. It was pretty cool actually when it broke, and I agree that had it been steel, it would have been serious. Maybe steel wouldn't have broke then, but for safety's sake, I'm not switching. Also, we were still able to use the rope afterwards cause someone knew how to braid it.

BTW, Forexfour, if you wanna get rid of your rope, I'll trade you a brand new steel cable for it! :lol:

Corey

forexfour
12-09-2004, 01:38 AM
I would take the cable if you want the broke rope :D

Sorry, I was not trying to create controversy here just state what I experienced with it, I think I worded my first post wrong. I had heard nothing but good about this that is why I got it. Most that had been around seeing it used for the first time saw what it did and decided it was not as good as it seemed it would be. It works and it is strong as hell. I like the safety aspect of it and hate to have to go back to cable

OK here is what I am talking about. Mine broke at the end of the line lug mount at the reel and cant be used. Guess I need to look into if this is a defect. Prolly got real hot and pulled out, thing is it had wound it self so tightly within itself it still completed the pull and did not slip out when it broke. We pulled a little at a time and tried to not let it get to hot. I was able to pull the rope off the reel by hand but it was tough. I always re-spooled after a pull and clean the rope.

http://www.caoffroaders.com/amsteel/amsteelend.jpg

http://www.caoffroaders.com/amsteel/amsteelcrush01.jpg

http://www.caoffroaders.com/amsteel/amsteelcrush02.jpg

http://www.caoffroaders.com/amsteel/amsteelfray.jpg

http://www.caoffroaders.com/amsteel/amsteelstart.jpg

Here is a link to the photo not resized so you can get a closer look.

http://www.caoffroaders.com/amsteelropewear.htm

Alaska ZJ
12-09-2004, 10:30 AM

The rope has way to many issues when using it for hard core pulling or even just normal use.

My rope became hot while using and pulling deforming the rope and weakening it from what it looks like.

If you do not pull with the rope entirely unspooled it will wind in on itself and become difficult to pull out the next time you use it.

The Protection wrap that you get with it is 10 foot long and really does not help much.

Although this is prolly the safest thing to use to winch with I think it was the worst thing I ever purchased. I maybe had 6 to 8 puls on it and everytime I used it it just got worse and worse.

I only went with it for the safey and because I was told it was a good upgrade. I dont agree at all.

Chris

I bet I have used my winch more on one trip than you have in the entire year.......You are wrong on almost every account stated above. Well maybe not wrong, just not educated to the proper use of the synthetic rope. Let me see if I can "splain sumpin"

The Rope pulling out of the eyelet that attached it to the drum. Yep it happens. What do you think the rating is on that connection? Have you ever heard of a Double Constrictor knot? Go ahead and look that up...you will realize your eyelet is no longer needed.

10 feet of abrasion guard is useless? Maybe? I personally have two 5 foot sections (you do realize you can cut that guard in half right?). That way if a compound pull is required with more than one abrasion point...your good.

Your rope gets hot? Stop being a lazy ass, flip the winch out of gear to spool it out. I will bet you a dollar to dognuts that you are/were powering out the rope. Yep that will build heat fast. How long does a brake last for you?

Deforms...Yep. That is the cool thing about rope. It can and will deform but not lose any of it's streangth. Unless you are saying that it "Melted". But if it was just deformed into say....a flat looking rope (like your pictures).....you are fine and it will spring back once tensioned a few times. Go ahead and educate yourself on it's construction and properties before thing it is "ruined". Oh and if you have never flat spotted a wire rope....you ain't pullin much.

Abrrasion marks......lol. Again your not in the least "hardcore" if you think that is "ruined". Do you replace your steel every time you get a meat hook? Probably not.

As for the rope biting into itself. Yep that happens, but if you use a constrictor knot and loak the rope up under load onto the drum you will not have a problem. Another cause if stuffing WAY to much rope onto the drum. Just load 80-100 feet on any drum. Carry the rest as an extension rope. Hell it is quicker and easier doing it that way, too.

To me you sound like a newbie who has very little experience and the experience you do have was all negative due to "Operator Error". This place is not intended for those with Thin Skin or those that do not have any real experience to back up thier words. You are more than welcome to comment and stay here ofcoarse, but please try to have some real world experience before you post (Positive or negative, We still require Experience, Knowledge and Wisdom as a precursor for a post)

Oh and I will take that "busted up" rope...........Give you 25 bucks plus shipping.

forexfour
12-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Ummm Hi Alaskan :D

Sorry That you think I am such a newbie to this world. Yes I am new to the rope. Yes I talked to quit a few about the rope and its use before I got it. I was educated on the use Do I have years of experience no. I am always open to being educated Politly, we are all new once. I posted the pictures and I wrote what I experienced. Not sure what your tone exactly is supposed to come across like but I understand most everything you said. I will not argue right, wrong or indifferent.

I spent 4 years in the Navy and never learned how to tie 1 single knot. No one around here uses this stuff so we are all learning. The groups I wheel with have many experienced wheelers and I learn as I go and who I am with. Yeah I only have a few pull on the rope. My experience is what it is. Its use was proper. I wheel regularly but maybe not hardcore enough. I am sorry if you feel I am a newbie that does not know crap. I have nothing I need to prove and my experiences are prolly nothing near what most of you on this board have.

I may be a new name around NAGCA, Mallcrawlin, Jeep knight and jeeps unlimited but not new to off road. I really dont take offense to what you or anyone posts. I see a lot of typical I know it all and dont come on here and try to tell me something I dont know tone in your writting. Again I will take any and all advise from anyone and will ignor the rest.

I really appriciate most of your response, some of it is just unnessesary and I will not respond to.

I look forward to hookin up off road with everyone I meet through help on these boards.

Thanks for any and all advise you can give. The more the better. I am new to the ZJ and the YJ I have and have to learn all over again. Both these vehicles are nothing like my truck (IFS) I wheeled and used as a dailey driver. I will move on :D

Chris

forexfour
12-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Oops :D

chadjans
12-09-2004, 10:14 PM
forexfour/ Chris: I'd take it off your hands for 30....

Chad

Alaska ZJ
12-10-2004, 02:04 AM
I am just rough.....and the violation will ease and the rash heal.

Oh and I have 35 for the rope.

nate
12-10-2004, 07:31 AM
$36

Cue-Ball
12-10-2004, 09:49 AM
$60

forexfour
12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I guess I am to much of a newbie to understand this one :D

"I am just rough.....and the violation will ease and the rash heal"

Anyone want to make any other offers???

I will be going to Hollister Next Saturday, I am pretty sure.

:D

OverkillZJ
12-10-2004, 11:53 AM
I yi yi.... I thought I was the one who liked playing get the newbie?

Cue-Ball
12-10-2004, 12:48 PM
So Chris,

Are you planning to go to Hollister tomorrow?

Do you really still have the synthetic rope?

I am interested if maybe we can work something out.

Let me know.

forexfour
12-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Umm what are you guys trying to get over on?

I assume I am the newbie!

I friggen love it you go from helping everyone on the truck you know for years online then make a change to something else, A Jeep here, and back to the bottom of the food chain. Another newbie with a couple post that does not know anything.

Then because you post your experience on something and will accept any advise given you just want to go off on the newbie with 4 posts because he is obviously a f'n retard!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I enjoyed it. :D

Cue I PM'd you.

Still look forward to meeting anyone local and will try to, I just want to wheel and my newbie status can remain that forever for all I care.

One day I want to be just like all you know it alls but just not a dick about it cause there is just no reason for it.

OverkillZJ
12-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Get the stick out of your ass, it's usually all in good fun over here.

Take an English class (grammar and sentence structure) well your at it, would you? That way we actually have an idea of what you're talking about!

:twisted:

forexfour
12-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I am sure all of you are great guys to hook up with. I really look forward to it.

Umm the stick in my ass is permenant though, My ex wife rammed me with that thing with grabbing hooks to prevent it from being removed. Sorry she is still pissed and this is why my ZJ mod session has come to an end. I am working the GF for more mods but it is not going to well.

My only thing is, sorry to be a newbie to Jeeps but again we are all new once and I dont remember posting something that has been discussed over and over and over.

Still hoping I get a warm welcome from someone.

BTW

I liked the oil change thread, The GF gets it now!!! See it did help someone!

JpRngr
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
If you are interested still, I was serious on the trade offer, I just haven't looked at this thread in a few days.

BTW Matt, I really liked this comment!

Take an English class (grammar and sentence structure) well your at it, would you? That way we actually have an idea of what you're talking about!

Maybe YOU should take that class, too! :lol: It should be while you're.

Cody
12-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Get the stick out of your ass, it's usually all in good fun over here.

:twisted:

From a technical standpoint, that is a poorly constructed sentence. ;)

Also, is 'well your at it' a new form of 'while you're at it' ? :D

Cody

edit: Blasted!!! Corey beat me to the punch!

forexfour
12-10-2004, 04:19 PM
ummIalreadysoldthistoanotherpersonclosertome. thanksfortheofferthough. sorrymygrammarisoverthetopforsomeofyou. rememberIamanewbiethatdoesnotknowmyassfromaholinth eground. IdidnotrealizethatIwouldbegradedonmygrammaratthiss ite.
thanksallofyouforyouradvise. Ireallyenjoyedthisthread. Iactuallyreallyenjoythissite. Iamgladjerodturnedmeontoit. IguessyouallcantellIliketotype. againsorrythatIamsobadatgrammarbutIbarleymadeitthr oughthe8thgrade.

ohIforgottosayitisalwaysnicetobecorrectedbythegram marpolicewhoonlyshowshisownstupiditycommentingonso meoneelsesstupidity,IhaveanexcusethoughIamanewbie, sorry!

thisiskindoffunoverherecanIstay? Please!

OverkillZJ
12-10-2004, 05:07 PM
God damnit. You mean I have to stop being such a fawkin' hypocrite and spelling things correctly, grammar too!

Damnit.

Fox - You are welcome. We give each other a hard time constantly if you haven't notice. But.. I'm not reading ^that^ anyway.

Cue-Ball
12-15-2004, 11:26 AM
The Rope pulling out of the eyelet that attached it to the drum. Yep it happens. What do you think the rating is on that connection? Have you ever heard of a Double Constrictor knot? Go ahead and look that up...you will realize your eyelet is no longer needed.

So are you saying that with a double constrictor knot I will be okay running a rope with NO eyelet??

Just wanting to confirm.

(By the way thanks for the diagram of the double constrictor Brentt)

Alaska ZJ
12-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I do.

I don't pull on the last layer though....what is the worst that happens....it comes undone and you plummet backwards down Upper Helldorados waterfall.....lol...A little eyelet will not stop that either.

nate
12-16-2004, 06:28 PM
What some people do as well is wrap the drum with grip tape, I'd imagine that would help. Might wear the rope down though?

Cue-Ball
12-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks Brentt,

I will be installing the rope this weekend.

Dirk

Jim311
12-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Do any of you have problems in the rain/mud with synthetic rope spinning on the drum on the last layer?

forexfour
12-17-2004, 10:52 AM
This is interesting. On another board this same topic was just brought up and the comments were far different from here and other boards. Again it is all what you prefer. They both will get the job done just interesting, depends on who you talk to as to the opinions you get in return.

OverkillZJ
12-17-2004, 11:26 AM
The way I see it is... Synth doesn't tend to kill people when it breaks.

That's all the argument I need!

Than again I have cable, but I've never used my winch in the 3 years I've had it, always ended up facing the wrong direction!

Cue-Ball
12-17-2004, 12:43 PM
This is interesting. On another board this same topic was just brought up and the comments were far different from here and other boards. Again it is all what you prefer. They both will get the job done just interesting, depends on who you talk to as to the opinions you get in return.

I agree it is all about opinion. Coke vs. Pepsi, Chevy v. Ford, Roe vs. Wade (oh wait sorry wrong topic) Cable vs. rope.

Peak ZJ
01-28-2005, 01:26 PM

Chris

I bet I have used my winch more on one trip than you have in the entire year.......You are wrong on almost every account stated above. Well maybe not wrong, just not educated to the proper use of the synthetic rope. Let me see if I can "splain sumpin"

10 feet of abrasion guard is useless? Maybe? I personally have two 5 foot sections (you do realize you can cut that guard in half right?). That way if a compound pull is required with more than one abrasion point...your good.

Your rope gets hot? Stop being a lazy ass, flip the winch out of gear to spool it out. I will bet you a dollar to dognuts that you are/were powering out the rope. Yep that will build heat fast. How long does a brake last for you?

Deforms...Yep. That is the cool thing about rope. It can and will deform but not lose any of it's streangth. Unless you are saying that it "Melted". But if it was just deformed into say....a flat looking rope (like your pictures).....you are fine and it will spring back once tensioned a few times. Go ahead and educate yourself on it's construction and properties before thing it is "ruined". Oh and if you have never flat spotted a wire rope....you ain't pullin much.

Abrrasion marks......lol. Again your not in the least "hardcore" if you think that is "ruined". Do you replace your steel every time you get a meat hook? Probably not.

As for the rope biting into itself. Yep that happens, but if you use a constrictor knot and loak the rope up under load onto the drum you will not have a problem. Another cause if stuffing WAY to much rope onto the drum. Just load 80-100 feet on any drum. Carry the rest as an extension rope. Hell it is quicker and easier doing it that way, too.

To me you sound like a newbie who has very little experience and the experience you do have was all negative due to "Operator Error". This place is not intended for those with Thin Skin or those that do not have any real experience to back up thier words. You are more than welcome to comment and stay here ofcoarse, but please try to have some real world experience before you post (Positive or negative, We still require Experience, Knowledge and Wisdom as a precursor for a post)

Oh and I will take that "busted up" rope...........Give you 25 bucks plus shipping.

Alaska, That is fawking awesome...
I run and sell the synthetic rope... Great stuff and much safer. If you take care of it, like not over heating your winch, and thrashing it on rocks, your good.... The safety issue is the greatest... No recoil....

forexfour
01-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Ah yes this post again.

LMFAO at you, The real point of this was missed I think. As Alaskan ZJ pointed out all of these great points, in reality amoungst your piers it was entertaining and funny but the true stupidity of himself and those who liked what he pointed out was all that came from his post.

I understand the thoughts of the posters to this board regarding the Rope and I agree with the safety of it.

In real world situations most of the points made were to me very unrealistic in resolution in its use. The actual usability of the rope in my real world situations lead me to my points are all fact and the remedies suggested to prevent or fix each point were all unrealistic in most of the situations we used this in. Also the mis interpretaion of what I was trying to say did not help much either.

I dont think this is a matter of wether you are hard core or not. Everyone has their own idea of hardcore or if they even want to be hardcore. If you are hardcore, cool!

I think the mentality projected is funny here and at NAGCA almost like most of you are kids and you rule the off road world and cant be told anything different. It really is funny the crap you guys post.

Yes I am new to your boards and I enjoy reading your posts and actually finding something that is really helpful from time to time.

I know you all know each other and joke around and I think this is real cool. I would hook up with anyone of you if I was in your area and welcome and if you were out here I would take you to anyplace you wanted to go and show you a great time in the process.

Guess my age just shows. I am by far not the smartest person but I rely on good factual info and not this is good because I bought it and use it and I say it is.

We are all new to something once does not mean we are idiots. I am by far not a newbie to a lot of things including off roading.

Hardcore is a matter of opinion and I have not really seen anyone from here hardcore yet. I know I am not and never claimed to be.

Chris :D

OverkillZJ
01-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Chris - are you trying to get on everyone's shit list?

There is no mentality here, that's what makes it fun. It's a board full of infromation, take it or leave, it but do NOT bitch about it if you don't like it.

OverkillZJ
01-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Chris - are you trying to get on everyone's shit list?

There is no mentality here, that's what makes it fun. It's a board full of infromation, take it or leave, it but do NOT bitch about it if you don't like it.

EDIT: AlaskaZJ is one of the more knowledgeable people you'll find on the boards, this or any other. Stating that "his true stupidity" shone through simply because he posts information based on what he considers to be factual, tends to make me look waaaaay down on you, regardless of age.

:polishes his shiny admin badge:

ATL ZJ
01-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Haha. Right, nobody hardcore on this board. Better check JU and NAGCA. :lol: I consider hardcore to be synonymous with being built and providing advanced tech. So I consider this board to be in that direction. But I'm not 40 yet, so nothing I say counts.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Kraqa/Flex/DSC00979.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p47f0540b4bd631fb41f65f15fc4489e6/f5704790.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/6F97223C129CA4A/standard.jpg
http://www.rockcontrol.com/flex1.JPG
http://smallnet.homeip.net/gallery/albums/5-31-04-Trails-1-6-4-5-upper2/billy3_013.jpg
http://www.bigmacro.com/albums/album08/crack.sized.jpg
http://www.cannland.com/images/ted.jpg

Just a small sample of the caliber of members here. All of those pics were previously posted on this board, with the exception of Troy's, but he linked to it in one of his posts.

BigDaveZJ
01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Haha. Right, nobody hardcore on this board. Better check JU and NAGCA. :lol: But I'm not 40 yet, so nothing I say counts.

The admins of the site are both 24 or younger though . . . . guess we don't know shit either!

forexfour
01-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Now those are some sweet photo's! Hope to have a rig there someday.

Again the point was missed.

I did not say any of you were not smart nor knew what you were talking about. In fact I did point out you guys post some good stuff. Really I learn a lot from this board.

Age really has nothing to do with anything, it is your actions and boy am I glad I aint 40 yet!

I get along with them all from 16 to dead! I respect all those who are lucky enough to know what they know and are willing to help us dumbasses out. A little tact would be nice though.

I will retract the no one being hardcore here. I have not really seen much posted in this area. Some of the video's I have viewed show none of this. I know mine dont. I never claimed to be hardcore nor did I think it was required.

The reality of this boards info has lead me to taking a few steps back on the ZJ and moving a different direction onto a XJ. My hopes are to get the one available to me built up pretty good within a year or so.

I enjoy being educated by anyone just not bashed like I am some stupid F'n newbie poser, I know there are so many of those.

Still enjoy your site and I have found that all of you from AK ZJ to the board admins can be real helpful, maybe someday I will be accepted, til then I will try my best not to piss you guys off.

OverkillZJ
01-28-2005, 05:51 PM
You'd probably be a lot better off here if you lost the attitude and stopped calling people stupid...

Just an idea...

BigDaveZJ
01-28-2005, 06:29 PM
You'd probably be a lot better off here if you lost the attitude and stopped calling people stupid...

Just an idea...

We have a weiner!!!

MaineZJ
01-28-2005, 07:12 PM
if you properly wind a rope before hand, unreeling it by hand is no problem and it won't dig into it self when winching.
who really cares if the rope pulls off the eyelet. if you can't deal with that, you shouldn't operate a winch.

now, I know I'm not hardcore, and I haven't built anything yet. I have been reading everything I can find for some time and have been wheeling some of the most hardcore guys in Maine/NH/Mass.
I like rope, definately take it over wire.

chadjans
01-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I feel left out of the picture post. My tire size must be too small, or my interior is too red. :shock:

Chad

Jim311
01-29-2005, 04:05 AM
This pic is bad ass 8)

http://smallnet.homeip.net/gallery/albums/5-31-04-Trails-1-6-4-5-upper2/billy3_013.jpg

I can't believe anybody said that the members here aren't hardcore. If there are any ZJ owners to be CONSIDERED hardcore, they post here.

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I feel left out of the picture post. My tire size must be too small, or my interior is too red. :shock:

Chad

You could photochop your interior to another color and then post pics!

gearhead313
01-29-2005, 09:53 AM
This thread is full of ghey...

forexfour- your 3 paragraph posts can't even compile to one good full sentence thought. From now on, do not post unless it includes some type of positive, intelligent theme ...that doesn't drive us into a 4 page frenzy.

OnT: Its said all through this thread, there are TONS of people that know what they're talking about. Listen too them, don't argue with them. Winch rope will always be an upgrade, not a down grade. If its not working for you, you're obviously doing something wrong with how you are using it, how you spooled it, etc. Do something constructive like ask what you might be doing wrong and explain why the rope fails in greater detail. Take your pride and send it on a plane to zimbabwe. Be friendlier and you'll get along just fine.

That is all. GET EDUCATED MUTHAF*CKER!! :D

chadjans
01-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Chad

You could photochop your interior to another color and then post pics!

Too much work.

ATL ZJ
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM

Chad

Haha sorry Chad. Yeah tuna interiors just aren't hardcore. :lol: I got tired of digging pics up... link me and I'll edit my post to include it. I didnt even include myself since I am still open/open and am running a production long arms rather than homemade.... I might could even pass for some JU poser. Anybody else I left out, let me know and I'll get you in there.

chadjans
01-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Not that big of a deal. The jeeps you showed are all bigger than mine. :?

jpmtx
01-30-2005, 02:58 PM
... Anybody else I left out, let me know and I'll get you in there.

No need to add The Geezer to the photo op. But I do want to weigh in on my support for synthetic vs. cable.

I also want to point out that this "old guy" reads just about everything that Brentt (Alaska ZJ), Cody and Chad (and a couple of others) post on this forum. And I'm always open to consider their "new" (and not-so-new) ideas.

I'm happy to have taken a lot of their advice. They have kept me a lot safer than I otherwise would have been.

GSSW 2004 and GSW 2004 photos in my Webshots link below show The Geezer wheeling with a synthethic winch rope. I'm never going back to cable.

Jim.

bigrubbers4x4
02-09-2005, 02:43 AM
hey fox welcome to the board. dont let these guys get to ya. i got it to when i first came on board. i am 30 with 6 years military experience, but these guys really know their shit when it comes down to it. i would have been lost if it werent for some of the posts i have read on here. most of the time i dont even have to ask a question just do a search and read, thats what i do most of the time. if i cant find what i am looking for then i will ask and usually get the same STFUN answers that you are getting, but its all in fun, and when it all comes down to it they will steer you in the right direction. i hope you can learn to enjoy the site like i have.

allthough there are a few people you will not see eye to eye with, as is life anywhere, you will learn to ignore those answers.

later and peace out, i am off like a prom dress......

chadjans
02-09-2005, 02:47 AM
why will this topic not die. Please kill it. Please

forexfour
02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi guys!

Ummm, I really am enjoying this post. It really shows how out of context people can make it.

I have got a lot of good info off this board and will continue to.

I have been on these boards for a long time and what you post is no different than other boards. It is real funny the stuff you all come back with. Really it is.

We will be at Moab UT 4-2 thru 4-9. THat is far out of CA as I will make it wheelin. Anybody out my way who wants to wheel some where I am down for that.

I pulled 4 rigs with the winch and cable Saturday in the snow. Glad I had it, it was cold and almost dark and I really just wanted to get off the trail when we came across this stuck guy by himself, NOW THAT IS STUPID. We burried three of our guys trying to get him out.

Oops 5 paragraphs sorry! I know most of you never get past the first one by your replies which again make you look stupid. But that is not saying you are stupid cause if I was going to call you stupid I would just say Hey you are stupid, but I never once called anyone stupid here. ANd the Age thing means nothing to me. I respect anyone with a knowledge greater than mine and am always willing to learn something new. even from a 16 year old ( my oldest sons age).

Has my sentance structure gotten any better?

I barley graduated high school!

bigrubbers4x4
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
geeze, i try to welcome you and thats what i get...........

OverkillZJ
02-09-2005, 01:18 PM
forexfour -

I don't understand where your holier than now attitude is coming from, considering people have replied to your post with some seriously good information.

As you don't seem interested in actual tech, and continue acting like a dick, I'm locking this thread.

If you continue to assume you have the right to make pointless posts that do nothing but take up space on this forum, you will be banned, period. We're only interested in having people in our community who have something to offer. If all you have to offer is a short temper and condescending talk, we don't want you here.

Consider this a warning.